The next day thread - Monday 2 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, it's another glorious morning here. Have already taken the 4yr old to kindy and about to head off to the gym soon.
    I wonder where Mame is - probably swimming or cycling somwhere...or any other Kiwis wanna join? I'll check back in when me Aussie mates are on.

xo

Hi Angel. Good morning to all to come. Another beautiful morning here too. Have done nothing yet. About to take a shower and get on with the day. Doggies let me sleep in this morning till 7.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Angel I went fine at my friend's house. As I thought she was throwing back the wines but I took Tonic Water and just drank that. I only stayed a couple of hours because the smoking was a bit hard to take. I'm still struggling very hard with that and smelling it is bad. I even block my nose when I have to pass a smoker in the street.

I have another friend who wants to come and stay for a few days and she is a smoker. I have known this person all my life and she's having problems so I don't want to say no, but I don't want her here smoking either. Conundrum.
      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
      AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

I'm here, I'm here!! Have just had a busy morning!! And at work, so trying to be discreet!!

Great day here (after the crap weekend!!). My cycle training gives me a recovery week this week, so I'm planning on taking it easy!!!
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

'Morning Angel, Mame and panicked.
          Off to Sydney in an hour, so just quickly dropped in ti see what's happening here. Tawny must be having a sleep in to-day.
          Smoking odours... I hate the smell. Gets everywhere, your clothes, your hair etc. Used to smoke a packet a day. Stopped smoking 6/3/89 20 years!!! YAY!!!
          Can you simply ask your friend not to smoke in the house or where draughts are likely to bring the smell into the house. She will still smell of it but a compromise at least.

Comment

Excellent Panicked - staying only couple of hours is a good idea. Honestly, when I'm not drinking I find people who are really boring. I hate the smokes too - probably more than the booze actually. Now I only smoke if I drink so going AF would kill the 2 birds with the one stone I guess...
            Conundrum: I guess tell her you've given up & pls make it easier on you by smoking outside only & not asking you to join her. I'm the same at my parents house - my Mum still smokes inside and so does everyone else when they're there (my brothers & sister are mostly smokers) and I hate that when I go to stay with them....a real turn off. Especially when I've got the kids with me...
            Hi mame, no worries love...I knew you'd be lurking around!! Are you training for something on your cycle??
            Rags - I'M JEALOUS. I watched Bondi Rescue last night and almost got teary...I can't wait to come back & do the Bondi-Bronte walk.

xo

Comment

Morning - Well done Pan on yesterday! Rags - never been to Sydney, but go over to WA quite often and have been to QL a few times. I need to get over and do a 'knicker run'. I stock up in Target as Asian sizes aren't very accomodating Lol!.

Angel - I also watched 'Bondi Rescue' Last night - we probably have the same channels.

Aunty Mame - congratulations on your cycle challenge!

My Uni course starts today so I need to get organized. I'm also going to make Hubby give me some airmiles so I can go and visit my friend in Dubai at the beginning of April. She's from Sydney, and moved to Dubai from Singapore, her baby will be nearly a year old, and I'm so looking forward to meeting her.

Everyon sounds good considering its Monday! Have a great one. B xx
              Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

I've been lurking, but nobody here. Okay, I'm off to the beach. Have a great arvo.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Ooh, very quiet. I've popped in from my studies to see what's going on, and now I have no excuse not to get back to the books........
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi guys - just a quick check in from me. Been away for a few days and it was actually really nice to be without 'puter and radio/tv etc. Weather wise, we're expecting the sh*t to hit the fan again tomorrow. Sorry if this is getting tedious but we're all a tad apprehensive down here in Vic.

Comment

Hi Guys, just wanted to say Hello to everyone down under.
                      My prayers are with everyone in Aus right now...
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good Morning All

It's 1:30 AM here in Jersey with 4" of snow already and expecting another 4. So I guess I'll be on the computer all day again. Have a great day.
                        Starting over again
                        ray:

Comment

quick check in from me too - really busy day, only just finished, going to watch a quick DVD and then bed!

Tawny - can totally understand the apprehension. What a terrible time you guys are having. A friend of mine sent me today a photo taken at dusk from the top of her building, and the whole skyline was red and lit up with fire. Thinking of you all and praying .... even though I dont do much of that.

Betty - hope the first day of the course went well! What are you studying?

Pan - going to the beach in the arvo??!! Making us all jealous??!!

hello to everyone else here too - whether posting or just checking it out!
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning All

This is what l'm looking at today.
                            Starting over again
                            ray:

Comment

Mame, I live in a beach town. I go to or past the beach several times a day. But only for another 2 months. Then I have to move back to the middle of nowhere for a while. Bugger it.

Last Call, you can have the snow...
                              Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                              AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Working...
                              X