help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

ive never done this b4,when i was in treatment they told me to stop helping everyone,and help me,i succeeded for months,but stumbled,but also stopped again,i feelrite now scared,the talking helps,freinds family,HEREi hate meds,but ive been reading and even went to the drug store and asked the pharmicist,about naltreXone,am i wrong to think of trying it,CAUSE I WAS TREATED AT THEHOSPITAL,HE SAID GO THERE AND EXPLAIN WHATS GOING ON,he proceeded to say,i was rt to look for back up,plan,I DONT NO WHAT TO DO,IM NOT IN DIRE STRATES,BUT I DONT WANT TO BE PUT INTO THE HOSPITAL

help

gyco

let me know what I can do to help...?

Comment

help

Are you or have you been drinking Gyc. Theres plenty of people here to talk too, but maybe it would be good to get some face to face contact? Is there someone you can trust and confide in?
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

help

im not drinking,went thro my material,im gonna go to the hosital later and see one of the psychiatrists if possible

Comment

help

just feeling sory for my self imok just had a good cry got to do that once in a while i guess god im talking to my self hahahah love ya l gycos ok

Comment

help

lots ofstuff building at home thnx folks

Comment

help

ill be back after,just great knowing your all here thnx

Comment

help

Gyco, are you having one of those days when it just doesnt seem worth the effort to stay sober any more?
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

help

Gyco, Oney is right, maybe if you could talk to someone.
                  We are here for you and we do care about you loads. Dont struggle on alone OK?
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

help

Hi Gyco!

Sometimes best laid plans gan go awry, can they not? and things need to be changed in order to reach the same conclusion that was intended with those original plans. If somethings not working then change what's not working for you and try something new. Are you not comfortable with taking MORE medication than you are already Gyco? I'm aware you have other health issues going on.

Gyco the only thing that works for me when I'm thinking of drinking is picking up the phone and calling a fellow addict and talking some of the issues through. Alright they may not be able to advise on medications etc but it always makes me feel better to know I'm not alone. I feel I can then deal with the issues I'm facing with a clearer perspective. As you well know my friend I had to do this only last week and I got through it eventually because I didn't pick up a drink and make things a thousand times worse.

Love and Happiness
                    Hippie
                    xx
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

help

I get day's where the melancholy can just take over and the only thing I can do is run with it otherwise I'll frickin drown in it!!lol.

Hang in there mate!

Hips
                      xx
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

help

thnx all,its been one of those weeks,the pharmaist said the same,at least you came and asked,i guess thats what i did wrong all those other years and ignored talking to anyone,thnx again all keep ya all informed ,ive seen 6 shrinks in the past so it should work out,got my councillor to for emergencies,i think all give him a call

Comment

help

Gyco,

I'm new. But I so enjoy reading your post. You did the right thing coming here and posting and getting other help. Hang in there buddy!!
                          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

help

Gyco,

I am simply sending lots of love and caring your way. You have been so kind to me and so supportive.

PM me anytime.

Let us know what the doctor's say, we will be waiting to hear from you.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

help

Hey, Gyco, thinking of you. There are a lot of people here using Naltrexone... generally what they say is that it doesn't help much, if at all, as an anti-craving drug. The people using the "Sinclair method" seem to be using it because they feel they can't stop drinking any other way, and they always drink when they take it and it seems to reduce the amount that they drink, over time. It doesn't seem like a good drug to use if you don't want to start drinking again.

Comment

Working...
                              X