help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

Gyco, I am trying the Sinclair method after many stops and too many starts.

When I drink I always make sure I have taken a tablet first- generally that reduces the craving somewhat, then when I do drink, it is much slower than usual, and i just don't really have the desire to get drunk like I used too- I find most days I have stopped after 3 drinks.

I have drunk more than 5 drinks on only 2 days in the 3 weeks since I began recording my progress.

If the treatment is successful for me, within around 4 months I should find I am drinking very little, if at all, and then to not drink at all will be a very small step.

But, this method is not recommended for people who are already abstinant, or managing to stay sober with other methods.

I wouldn't recommend getting some Nal just to be able to have a drink.

Hope you feel better soon :l

Comment

help

(((Gyco)))
      Thinking of you
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

help

thinking of you, sadly cant offer much on this subject ......but sending support..moo
        "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
        but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

help

thinking of you buddy gyco
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

help

Gyco....just want to say I am thinking of you. Life just some days SUCKS! I think we think that sober means we will be happy all the time...that is not true...life is still life and life SUCKS sometimes. I am very proud of you for leaning on your friends. Not all of us do that. You are very wise to know to come here and to lean when life throws you a curve ball....I hope your day gets better!!!!!
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

help

Hi Gyco, I'm thinking of you mate.

xo

Comment

help

Hey Gyco
                Thinking of you, this too shall pass

Comment

help

Hey Gyco,

Just read your post and I hope you're doing better, buddy. I'm thinking of you and,
                  being the good worrywort I am, I'm worried about you, too. Please let us know
                  how you're doing. If you need anything, I'm here. Just PM me, ok?

Take care,
                  Be
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

help

Gyco. Hope you're feeling better mate. (i always get something from your posts)............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

help

Gyco,
                      Try to hang in there buddy. We've all got those nasty days, where it seems as though nothing seems worth the damn trouble. Hopefully, someone will help you this evening. For now, I'll put you on my prayer list. Take care.
                      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

help

Hi Gyco. Hope things are looking better now mate. PM me if you want to talk. Pan.
                        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                        AF May 23 09 to July 09
                        AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

help

Hi gyco, I hope you're feeling better now.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

help

Gyco,
                            You've got so many friends here. If love can heal, it will.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                            X