Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Crappy

Hi
    I'm finding things are getting too tough today. I have alot of stress at work and not coping as well as I would like to. I have now been AF for 3 weeks and the cravings have now returned again after 4 days without any. Do the cravings stop after so long? I don't want to take anything to get through the cravings at this stage, but today I can smell rum. There isn't any to smell but I can smell it anyway. I poured someone else a drink 10 days ago and the smell comes back to me when stressed. I can't remember smelling it when I was drinking. Am I loosing the plot?

Feeling Crappy

My suggestion is to eat something. I always found that when I ate something, the cravings went away.

The cravings come and go for quite a while. But they do subside as time goes on.

Distracting yourself is also important. A hot bath is great for destressing.

You will go through many discomforts and memories. It is the addiction playing with you. Hang in there. You are doing great. Plus an evening of alcohol will only make you feel like crap the next morning and is NOT worth it!

Comment

Feeling Crappy

Hi there Caroll, yes, I had cravings return at about 3 weeks. I have no idea why, but they were quite bad. They will pass though, just hang tough...eating and drinking lots of water will help you.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Feeling Crappy

Hi Guys
        Thanks for your replies. I am going to get water logged until time to go home and will have a hot shower when I get home. I'm so glad that someone understands as I feel no-one does at this end. I'm not going to give in to the drink as I don't want to start off at day one again. It's just days like today it is really doing my head in. Thanks x

Comment

Feeling Crappy

Good for you, Caroll! Like you said... you don't want to start all over again...

Comment

Feeling Crappy

Sometimes when a craving hits I find chewing gum helps. There's lots of fun flavors out there and it distracts me from putting something else in my mouth...
            ~K.

Comment

Feeling Crappy

Hang in their Caroll.......you can do it ! IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Feeling Crappy

can you busy yourself through the evening? i find exercise, cooking, or even just vegging in front of the tv helps to get over the hump...

stay here if you need to, we'll distract you!

peace!

Comment

Feeling Crappy

Yep, they come back at really odd times. Popcorn works for me. You can't smell anything but popcorn when your cooking it.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                  X