Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daughter has an interview with the Vet. Science Dean on Wed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's got her scholarship.....now the Dean wants a personnel conversation with her. She has met with him before, but that's politics. She's not feeling good ( sick ) but we'll dope her up and send her out ! Wed., big scholorship Lunchen for all the awardies and all that, my wife will be with her, I'll be with Fiedo ! (ACE) Ha! IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Good luck, IADs!! Vet Science is notorioiusly diff to get into. My daughter planned to go that route at Auburn U., then changed her mind and went into Ob/Gyn. I want to hear how everything comes out, and I DO wish you all the best of luck. Animal lovers are the best people!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Postive thoughts are with your daughter IAD.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

IAD,

What an exciting time for both you and your daughter! I hope she is feeling better for her meeting.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

IAD,

Sending lots of positive vibes (omg so 60s here..) to you, your daughter and Ace.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Ruby....to tell you the truth I wish she'ld go into General Practice Med. Ha! But that's what she wants to do. U. MD has a Hospital in Baltimore where she could go to school. I know it's usually hard to get into Vet school after college but U MD. has a Combine Vet School with U VA. and Va. Tech down in Blacksburg, VA. The entrance for the 3 schools are very high. IAD
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Tony
              You just have the brightest, most talented kids. Are you sure they are yours.lol. Ha!
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Wow, great!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Yeah!
                  We had a condo across from the vet school in Auburn while our son was there. The vet students are so nice!
                  Nancy

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thumbs up to you and your daughter. You must be so proud of her. It's so special to watch your children achieve their dreams.

I agree with Ruby Willow, animal lovers rock.

Comment

IAD;561939 wrote: Ruby....to tell you the truth I wish she'ld go into General Practice Med. Ha! But that's what she wants to do. U. MD has a Hospital in Baltimore where she could go to school. I know it's usually hard to get into Vet school after college but U MD. has a Combine Vet School with U VA. and Va. Tech down in Blacksburg, VA. The entrance for the 3 schools are very high. IAD
                      We found, from those that went thru, and those with perfect backgrounds who didn't make it (we have a friend who ultimately applied, as a white man, to an all black college, to get 'the race card' in his favor), it has to be a passion, not for anything else. Unless your are in a high profile specialty area in vet med, your cost is high as opposed to your payback. Again, each person is different, and if your daughter is single, financially able, and has that passion, she can be great!! My daughter now makes more (in the urban ATL area) than most 1-5 year full vets. We parents learn a lot. I wish she had gone into plastic surgery, so I could really benefit from her education! LOL But I DO want to say, our daughter always worked, and after 3yrs picked up all costs of her ed, which she is still paying for. I couldn't ask for a better child.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ruby, she's managed to get a scholorship for the first 4 years.....I pray she can get another for the next four . Ha! IAD
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                        X