thankyou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thankyou

thanks eveyone,im fine,you folks should pat yourselves on the back your like the soldiers in the war,your there when i needed ya,was a very interesting day yesterday,when i left i was at wits end,councillor wsnt in,didnt want an aa meeting ,phoned a crisis line,the lady on the crisis line was great,she said i was doing everything rite,ive been doing a lot of research of late,the other day cause i dont have a doctor any more,i talked to a pharmacist,who knows better then a pharmacist,about the effects of drugs,i xplained about what ive been going thro,he agreed naltrexone might be the thing for the so called cravings,so yesterday iwent to the sike ward and they couldnt treat me unless i commited my self,didnt need that,so i went to see a freinds dad in the hospital,who has cancer,then i went to a walk in clinic,was there for an hour and talked to a young doctor of what was going on,she also agreed,so i have the naltreone,think she was surprised i new so much about the drug,i beleive if i came in drinking it would have been a no,no here,well i proceeded back to the pharmacist and had a good talk with him,again,use as required,and now im on my way,it does block the feelings,but after all of the running around i slept and slept,so rt now its a new learning xperience,and thnx to all of you gyco

thankyou

thnx onester that is a 1st

Comment

thankyou

Gyco, my poet friend!!! Oney's right, action is the answer. We can look forever into the bottom of a bottle, but actually taking your life and problem into your own hands gives you a double satisfaction; you got help, and found you COULD do it!!! SO PROUD!!!!
      Rubes
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

thankyou

idont like drugs butyou got to do what you got to do yes

Comment

thankyou

hi ruby ty

Comment

thankyou

Don't know how I missed this yesterday Gikes, but glad that you are ok.:goodjob:
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

thankyou

gyco, I'm glad today is going better for you. I may not reply to alot of your post, but I do read them and you have been an inspiration to me. Thanks!
              RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

thankyou

gyco,

You took action to stay sober and didn't cave in and drink. Good Job buddy! And I'll bet you feel better today after a good nites sleep.
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

thankyou

im still here thats half the battle,thanks eveyone

Comment

thankyou

Gyco, I DO want you to know I look forward to seeing your posts. You ruffle feathers with your blunt way of looking at things sometimes, but I know you are honest and only say what you really live. That's what we should all be about, honesty, and for many that's the hardest. Your story of you day makes me feel like I was there, and I'm so happy you took the right path. I've watched you grow here. I hope your loved ones can see how your struggle is now coming to it's fruition, that you are learning and reaching out for the right help. Good on you, mate!
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

thankyou

You just gotto do what you gotto do!! Good on you for perservering. Let us know how it goes on the meds:-)
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

thankyou

You did Great .... my Friend.
                        The Nal has stopped me 3 times in the past from having a small slip turning into a full blown relapse. I have heard others say the same thing. When I take it I get a sickening feeling in my GUT at the very thought of Alcohol of any kind...works for me when I have a time of weakness sorta like a crutch if i sprain my ankle...helps me keep moving forward and not falling on my BUTT !!
                        I have never used Nal long term. Baclofen was the med that worked for long term anti cravings. It seems to be the best for me (anyway)...
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

thankyou

Gyco, I am so damn proud of you my buddy! You hit a bad patch and you dealt with it. Huge :l to you.
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

thankyou

Well Done Gyco!!!

Thats brilliant- the Naltrexone will give you a feeling of security for the future, I'm sure.

I don't like drugs either, but sometimes we need a bit of help with this

Comment

thankyou

Gyco,

I'm so glad you posted today. Good luck with the Nal, I firmly believe in whatever kind of help works.

Take care of yourself, you're great,
                              Be
                              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                              X