Downunder thread Tues 3rd March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, Mr Cakes just came up & said 'Winter is sneaking up on us' *sinking feeling*

Rags - We don't know what the snow season will be like yet. But I went down to Queenstown last year - was the best season in 10yrs...everyone was talking about it...it was "AWSEOME DUDE" It snowed in the town & was like a Winter wonderland...I highly reccommend it.

Tawny - So happy to hear about the rain - get out there & slop around in it a bit. Oh and one of these :l 'coz I know you love 'em so!!!! :l :l :l

Hi mame *wave* where are you cycling/swimming to today??

Pan - will post recipe soon.

SB - How's the course going??

Wattle - welcome to our little thread...drop in anytime.

Starting - Hi mate...saw the piccies of you on the Army thread - looks like you guys had a great time, so nice.

And to anyone else passing through a big "Gday" from downunder...geez, I haven't even taken my supplements yet...

xo

UGH...and I'm a day behind... Wed 4th march right...but I can't edit the title?? Oh no...I'll probably confuse everyone and no-one will find it...trying to edit title again now...

Comment

Got it - right, I'm sorted. Umm...recipe for panicked.

Lemon Syrup Sponge
      1 cup flour
      1 cup sugar
      125grms melted butter
      2 eggs
      1/2 cup milk
      grated rind & juice of 1 lemon
      1 tblspn sugar

Combine butter, flour, sugar, eggs, milk, lemon rind in a bowl.
      Put it in a prepared ring tin.
      In a preheated 175 oven for 45-50mins.
      Cool for 10mins then turn out of tin. Combine the lemon juice & 1tblspn sugar & poor over warm cake.

Enjoy.

Comment

Cakes - you can't edit titles. How about you copy your post,then delete the thread and start a new one?

Comment

Hiya Angel, I dont think you can change a title of a thread...its annoying isnt it, I have done it on numerous occasions...
          That cake looks yummy!
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I got it! you go to edit, then 'go advanced' and it let's you change the title.
            But where did TF's post go now...maybe I scared her off with all the love...

Comment

Yes, but if you look at it in the forum it still says 3rd :-( you can change the title at the top of the post, but not the thread.....

Comment

Morning Angel, Starts and all to come.

Not enough rain to slop around in. It only lasted for abut an hour but boy - did it lift the spirits! Um ... Angel ... thanks for the "things" but I'll pass.

Comment

Are you not a great hugger Tawny?? LMAO

Comment

Gosh - off to an early start! Slept in this morning, but my first meeting was cancelled anyway, so I have a reprieve!

Top of the morning to you all! Hope you all have a lovely late summer day!

Our swim squad is cancelled today as the pool osclosed for the national training squad .... some people from the squad are going to do a sea swim in the harbour, but I still dont have a wet suit ......... on the other hand its a lovely day and expected to be 22 degrees.
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Ugh Starting, so it is still 3rd March.
                      OK, sorry everyone I do now know it's Wed and it's the 4th...I shouldn't have let my hairdresser talk me into 'Marilyn blonde' but what can ya do??
                      Gotta go hit the gym now and then for a coffee with Mr Cakes.
                      Will check back in lata

xo

Comment

Have I gained 24 hours somehow? I watched a lazy sun shake itself awake and hide behind some clouds as it rose over the Tasman Sea. I come into the study to check our thread and see it says Tuesday. My calendar says Wednesday. Woo woo, I'm a time traveller!!!
                        Angel, that recipe looks simplwe enough that even I could make it. May give it a crack. Are you going to put it in recipe forum?

Comment

Hi Rags, sure I'll put it in the recipes.

Comment

Hi Angel,
                            I was in Queenstown last August for a week. There were 2 days when we arrived at Cardrona and didn't bother to put our skis on... blizard. But the rest of the time was great.

Comment

Blizzard

Comment

Working...
                              X