The Next Day Thread Friday 6 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, well my internet connection was down yesterday so that's why I wasn't on after about 9am...was a bitch, I was down yesterday. But I've changed my mood avatar and feeling much better today. Thanks all for the kind thoughts/words - it really does make a difference to know that someone out there cares...and thanks for the encouragement...I'm going for 30 days...I guess this is day 2 (ahh, I don't know if I'm ready...) God I'm feeling a little panicked myself..

TF - Glad you liked the cake...it only lasts a day or two in this house. Self raising flour is corrrect for whoever asked (altho plain also works - just a slightly denser cake)
    Oh - almost forgot :h:l

Panicked- :wd: for 30 days - there'll be s separate thread all for you in a minute.

Rubes - I'm sooo sorry to hear about your doggy & the medical appts...my limpy friend. No more mountain climbing for you.

Crystal - Yay, we love new friends...I'm gonna look now to see if you've posted a bit about yourself.

Ezz - I'm off to the gym soon (pump) - lifted 15kgs for the chest track on Wed and I'm gonna put an extra kg on for squats (so that'll be 29kgs) AAARRRGH feeling strong.

Mr G - I'm feeling much better today.

Lovely Starters - I'm feeling the love :l

Rags I'm jealous...I love the south coast...I've got a cuzzy in Pambula.

SB - thanks for the encouragement...keep it coming...I'm high maintenance

Mammy - I'm with you.

And to everyone else Hi!
    I'm off to kindy & then the gym.
    Laters.
    xo

Woo Hoo! Good for you Angel!!! YOU CAN DO THIS - YOU ARE READY!! OK??? :-)
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good morning Angel, and all to come. I'm glad you're feeling better AC, and it's good to hear you aren't giving up the fight! 15kg's is pretty feckin' impressive i reckon, and i should know, as i pump a bit of iron, and have a perfect body. I always look at 'caving in' as a learning experience, and workout how my cunning little drinking mind fooled me again, so as to be more prepared for that thinking the next time it comes. Well done on day 2.
      p.s. Which one are you on your avatar? ;-) ................G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G'day there Starter's!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Morning all.

Don't you just love early mornings? It's still dark and I can hear the magpies doing their thing. New day - new adventures.

Comment

Morning Tawny. Yep, early mornings are nice. New adventures indeed, and a new day is always a new opportunity, i reckon. Off to save the universe now. Have a great day all!

Comment

Hello all my upside-down friends!!!LOL Today has been long and tiring, but it's winding down now, and I'm holding my other tiny Yorkie, Tinker. She's lonesome, I can tell, so we comfort each other. How everyone is doing great!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi everyone. Thanks very much Angel for the thread. Thanks also for the claps. You can do the 30 days mate. Just remember ODAT.

For Mame yesterday, yes, of course it was sunny. It's always sunny except for the occasional torrent of rain. Good luck with the icy NZ waters.

Rubes, give Tinker a kiss for me.

Have a great day everyone.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Yes Starters, I am ready - feeling motivated for now. But I'm worried as I know it's gonna be so tuff...anyway, you lot can help me keep it real.
                  Mr G - Are we related?? I have a perfect body too...actually that's a lie, but Mr Cakes is pretty happy.
                  As for my brain...well that's not perfect either, for me I'm just not even gonna have the should I/shouldn't I conversation in my head because I swear I can talk anyone (myself included) into anything. I missed my calling as a barrister - I put forward a pretty convincing argument.

Comment

Oh and Mr G, I'm lagging towards the back a bit there...but I'll get there in my time! They LOVE Australian sheep over here!!!

Comment

Angel, try making a list of all the reasons why you want to be AF. Also write down as many horrific moments of your drinking you can remember. Read when you feel weak. As you get stronger and more AF days under your belt, start listing all the good things that happen and all the nice feelings you have. You will you know :-)
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Doing it now Starting.

Comment

Morning all,

Go for it Angel - no, it's not easy, but so so worth it. I can't believe it's already day 26. I have a little bit of a stressful week coming up, so will have to be careful, but am sure I can do it.

I also have a Brunch to go to on the 15th. Freeflow champagne, and loads of scrummy food, oysters, lobster, fantabulous cheese, deserts etc. It's a major treat as some of my WA friends are coming over to join us. I feel confident that I'll be able to enjoy it by moderating, but am still a little worried. Will need a pep-talk before I go.

Guitar - you don't have a fantastic body AND red hair do you - that would make you my totally perfect.

Hi Starty and Rubes, will go back and check who I've missed and edit!

I missed Tawny and Pan - Hello!!

Bx
                          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hee hee hee - have just read Pans post yesterday about her poor drowning doggy - glad she's ok but made me smile. When I walk mine the two boys are always pulling ahead while the chi lady pulls behind. I've been thinking of getting a 'dog sling' so I can strap her to me front like a baby (yes people really do it here). Whaddya all think??
                            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Oh Bets, I'm quite partial to the gingers myself.
                              And yes, you're mad...it's a dog not a baby...altho it would be good for exercise carrying the extra weight.
                              We only have Pippy, the neighbours dog, until tomorrow or Sunday :-(

Comment

Working...
                              X