Next Day Thread - Sunday March 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi hi. Am very late to bed, and I'm sure Aunty Mame will be along very soon, so I thought I'd start the thread.

Happy Sunday!

Bx
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Good on you Bettty! Hope you had a good night! Just off for a swim, followed by fresh bread, coffee and Sunday papers! Back later
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi Guys I'm here...still standing!
      Yeah, I was a bit worse for wear yesterday (such a waste of a lovely day) However went pretty well at the party - spent hours dancing & the rest of the time talking so didn't actually drink that much. We didn't get home until late though (yes, nana was out until 3am)so I'm counting today as day 1.
      I actually told a few people at the party that I wasn't going to have any alcohol for 30 days after that - heaps of people were 'Oh, I'd love to do that' - ha, it's like they never even thought of it before. I told a few people about my 'online friends'...it's weird that you guys are becoming quite a big pat of my life and we don't even really know each other...kinda??
      Anyway, Mame your morning sounds pretty good - fresh coffee & bread & a bit of exercise...I'm gonna follow your lead!

xo

Comment

Hi Guys, Angel was wondering how you fared at the party. Seems you did OK?
        Yes, I would have been one of those people who would have "loved' to be able to go 30 days alcohol free. I thought it was completely beyond me..just shows you doesnt it?
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Yeah I did OK Starting. The 30 days thing - it just made me realise how lucky I am to have found this place and have this support. I fear some people might go through their entire lives not knowing this kind of thing is out there. But then again, it's pretty easy to find if you're looking.

Comment

It took me many years to find it Angel, I never knew anything like this existed. I didnt even know where to begin looking. I am incredibly grateful.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good morning Betty, Mame, Angel, Starter's, and all to come. I too, will be following Aunties lead soon.
              A couple of my friends, who know i'm af, and are aware of my battles with al over the years, AND, who are not what i would consider, problem drinker's, are in total awe, that someone could do a week, let alone 30 day's! (and beyond) Maybe they do have a problem! (snigger, snigger. no, i shouldn't laugh) ;-) Have a great, and sober day all.......................G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning all. Have been to the market this morning to get fresh vegies cheap, but came home empty handed. They didn't look the best. No sun today, yet, mostly cloud with a patch or two of blue sky. We're on Cyclone Hamish Watch.

Glad to hear you had a good time at the party Angel and are still so positive about your 30 days.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Hello my upside down friends. It's 6:30 PM here. I bought my Tinkerbell a new very noisy, squeaky toy, and she keeps bringing it to me and throwing it on my feet, then barking!! I know she's missing Will, doesn't understand. I've taken her everwhere with me since the accident, except inside the grocery stores (she waits in the car). I did an evil thing today - bought my 8-yr-old g'daughter an organ, bench and all, at a charity rummage sale. Double keyboards, pedals, etc. My daughter will go insane listening to them all play it!!!!!

P.S. Thats my 15-yr-old g'daughter wearing a Halloween wig and holding Willow in my avatar!!!
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Organ

Your mean. I hope you bought her a pair of ear plugs.
                    Starting over again
                    ray:

Comment

Goodmorning everyone.

A quiet hangover free morning here. I think that I might do some baking today. Last night we went to the beach and watched the sunset with the kids. Ruby, sounds like my worst nightmare. My kids are loud enough without adding to them, I am at the stage where I am just begging mister 4 to stop speaking for 5 minutes. We might do someplace this afternoon, no idea yet.

Comment

Hey hey Morning!

Angel - well done!

Hi Starty - I can't keep up with the Army thread so its nice to see you here.

Mame & Guitar, hope you enjoy your Brekkie and papers.

Pan- shame about the veggies, what were you going to do with them? I have a Bulb of Fennel in the fridge, have eaten it, but never prepared it before - wish me luck.

Lol Ruby! I take great delight in sending my nieces and Nephews various musical instruments, triangles, castanets etc. I have violins in various sizes and I think my niece might just be old enough now....My Brother will be so grateful (not).

Hi Last call.

Have a busy Sunday, am throwing a BBQ for lots of Husbands colleagues on Tuesday so am working on getting the apartment in order - My Motto is "PROUD TO BE EVER SO SLIGTHLY SLOVENLY'' (copyrighted btw). My DH is a neat Freak so drives him nuts. HAve to get in an assignment for my teaching course as well. Strangely enough I'm feeling very perky. Odd.

Might pop by later - Have a great Sunday.

Bx

[/COLOR]

Comment

Crosspost - Hi Ezz

My friends are visiting fron Perth later this week. They have a shopping list for me - all Target and Big W , I'm a classy Gall!

Bx

[/COLOR]

Comment

Oh, Betty, I LOVE violins. I'm teaching myself to play the mandolin and banjo now, but have never owned a violin. Up in the mountains we call them 'fiddles'. I LOVE Bluegrass and mountain music. It's true, American folk music. I've played piano since I was 7, but the string instruments are my fav!
                            sigpic
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

That's my g'daughter in my avatar, with a Halloween wig on, playing kissie face with Willow on my back porch. You can see our gazebo thru the door, overlooking the swimming pool. Hubs doesn't want to open it this year!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X