Next Day Thread - Sunday March 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betty, vegies - I was going to eat them. LOL. I was looking specifically for some nice, cheap tomatoes that would last a week. Looks like I'm heading off to the supermarket. Hey, nothing wrong with Target - I buy nearly all of my clothes there. Best made brand.

Rubes, I have always wanted a gazebo AND a swimming pool. When hubby retires and we get our next, final house. I will have both. Well, that's the plan anyway.

PS. Betty, good luck with the fennel. I've heard of it, but I wouldn't know it if I fell over it.
    AND CONGRATULATIONS ON 28 DAYS.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Hey Betty, do you have a deck or something for all the guests and the barbie?? Let us know what you're making - I love being inspired by other peoples entertaining ideas.
      Ezz - glad to know I'm not the only one. My 4yr old son is quite the motormouth & sometimes I feel bad saying 'OK, quiet time. No speaking for 5 mintes' I don't do it often as I think about when he'll be 16 and I probably won't be able to get a word out of him.

I have veggies growing (my 2yr old just killed a lettuce though - I'm traumatised) and can't wait until they're ready. But this is going to be a huge learning curve already - I bought about twice as many seedlings than I had space for...now I'm trying to keep them alive until I get Mr Cakes to build another raised bed. It's not real cheap to start up either - I've spent about $200 so far...I really hope it pays off.

Have a good arvo/evening everyone.

xo

Comment

Pan - I just saw on the news the info. about cyclone Hamish...I hope everything goes OK for you.

Comment

Thanks Angel. I'm waiting for the next update in 50 minutes. It's heading straight for us but we won't know anything for sure probably, until tomorrow night. At least it's downgraded to a category 3 at the moment. Not good, but it was a Cat 5.
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

I suppose I'd better go and clear up all the palm fronds that have just fallen. Don't want to leave any missiles lying around.
            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
            AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Hi all - whilst us Vics are starting to relax, the QLD'ers are nervous. Stay safe.

I just dug up a post from Lorisunshine that might help with the fennel thing.

" Another much overlooked veggie is Fennel or Anis. You can buy them right now in the super (here at least).
              I take off the stalks and cut the head into 4 pieces and using a mandoline or a sharp knife slice or julienne the pieces finely. Then I melt butter and olive oil in a pan and saute them with slivered almonds until they are just al dente. A drizzle of lemon juice, salt and pepper and the dish is fit for Queen Rippey.
              It has a very delicate liquorice taste and goes well with chicken, turkey or fish. If I serve it with fish I add a teaspoon of chopped dill. Yummmmmm!"

Comment

Thanks so much Tawny! Keeping my fingers crossed for QLD. xx
                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

The Cyclone has moved slightly further away from land. Looks like the eye will head east of Fraser Island, which is a good thing. Well, I hope it heads East because West of Fraser would be a disaster. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and everything else.

Anyway, have to get off and give hubby his turn. Have a good night and a good day tomorrow.
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Working...
                  X