Tea-aholic!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea-aholic!!!

Somebody wrote last week in an entirely different thread that they drink tea like an alcohol...that is to say they drink a pot, not just a cup.

* I apologise to the author as I have forgotten where I saw this comment and now cannot find it - it might have been DeeBee???*

Anyway, it really amused me as it is exactly what I do. The concept got me thinking. Are "we", (perhaps this is suited more to the bingers amongst us, thoughts?) people who dont do anything ny halves? Does this account for some of our behaviour with alcohol? Does anyone else do this with, tea, coffee, diet coke, lemonade, chocolate, cheese, I dont know, the list is potentially endless?

I was just interested in developing this idea and would love any thoughts anyone has.

Thank you to the originator of this idea (please take your credit when you see this post) as it made me laugh in the first instance and then think thereafter.

Much Moo love to all......
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Tea-aholic!!!

I do things to excess; eat a whole bar of chocolate, spend 15 hours online, try and clean my whole house in a day but I'm learning to take things slower. I was reading Tara Goleman's 'emotional healing' book; she talks about schema; maladaptive patterns we carry around which we originally used to solve problems we experienced when younger but which have become unhelpful to us in later life. (haven't explained that very well it's late). So if for example you felt deprived or abandoned or entitled to things, you may develop responses and patterns of behaviour which initially worked for you but now don't.

For me , I identified with the deprivation and entitlement schema as a possible reason why I overindulge myself

PS I don't think it was DeeBee. I had a feeling it was a male ?

I'll come back when I've got my thoughts more together!
    AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Tea-aholic!!!

Today I've been AF a week after a slip up on my 28th day of going for 30. Anyway I find myself drinking tea like crazy. Yesterday I must have had 20 cups. Then I was up half the nite. Fine it's better than AL, but for now on I'm doing decaf. I started thinking some AL to bring me down so I could sleep. It gave me cravings and that's not good. Decaf all day today and I'm OK. Dosen't it get you wired?
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

Tea-aholic!!!

Joanna;566312 wrote: I do things to excess; eat a whole bar of chocolate, spend 15 hours online, try and clean my whole house in a day but I'm learning to take things slower. I was reading Tara Goleman's 'emotional healing' book; she talks about schema; maladaptive patterns we carry around which we originally used to solve problems we experienced when younger but which have become unhelpful to us in later life. (haven't explained that very well it's late). So if for example you felt deprived or abandoned or entitled to things, you may develop responses and patterns of behaviour which initially worked for you but now don't.

For me , I identified with the deprivation and entitlement schema as a possible reason why I overindulge myself

PS I don't think it was DeeBee. I had a feeling it was a male ?

I'll come back when I've got my thoughts more together!
        Joanna is that book you talk about written by ANY relative of Daniel Goleman who wrote "Emotional Intelligence"?... It sounds an interesting read either way. Thanks for mentioning it!

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Tea-aholic!!!

Hippie

Yes she's the partner of Daniel Goleman who I've always held in high regard. Just started her book which I got off Amazon for only a few quid. She writes really well. she's a psychotherapist and has spent a long time with Buddhists. She uses the concept of 'mindfulness' to offer a way of dealing with some of the negative stuff going on in all of our heads; by not letting our thoughts and feelings affect us so much, by paying less attention to them.

Jo

Comment

Tea-aholic!!!

Well if it's only a few quid I think I'll join you in buying it also!! Thanks Jo.

Hips
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Tea-aholic!!!

Hips I hesitated to say 'quid' then I saw you hail from 'The Pool' and I knew it would be OK :H

Comment

Tea-aholic!!!

:H:H:H:H:H
                Starting over again
                ray:

Comment

Tea-aholic!!!

Wally it was you! thanks for putting that. Its been driving me mad trying to think who it was....

Comment

Tea-aholic!!!

My thought has always been if one is good than 16 must be better. I do tend to take things to the extreme and to be a bit obsessive as well. I have been able to change those thought patterns a little but I'm afraid I still have to have my pot of coffee.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                    X