wishes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wishes....

i wish somebody was here right now.....just to relate and get a grasp on the issue that i wrestle with.....does anyone else see that al is a winter lore??? spring is beginning to rise around us, but i struggle with my winter time al issue that i need to shake and not carry into my spring....does anyone else see a pattern that is hard to shake and/or a fog that they need to shake off and don't know quite well how to do it? maybe this is a weird mod issue....but i don't think so,......al is evil, weird and has a plan of his own that i want to make sure that i am clear of....thanks for your input......blessings.....xoxo

wishes....

I wish AL was a winter issue for me. I see your point, but here is what I think. AL should be called winter because in the winter I don't want to go out and do things. It's the same with AL, when drinking, I would rather sit on my couch and drink and drink and drink and have no contact with anyone...even my husband who may be sitting in the same room.
    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

wishes....

That's true with me too April. I isolate myself. Then wonder where all my friends went.
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

wishes....

good morning,i guess i must be different,i didnt need a time or a reason to drink,i thought it was my rite,after treatment last year ive been dealing with the reality, its not,but i have to admit holidays and summer were always interesting,just when i thot it was gonna be a great time,i got messed up,kinda like taking a wrong turn,but it was nice to here your thot,modding or total abstinance is like lerning to ride a bike all over again,i wish you well gyco

Comment

wishes....

The winter months got harder on me as my drinking escalated. Especially as I got older and didn't have as many outside obligations. Winter was just a very good excuse for me to stay at home, isolate and drink.
          Since I've been AF I am eating healthier, exercising more, and trying to think more positive. This has not only helped me stay AF but has also helped with the winter blues. This has been one of the best winters I've had in years. A surprise bonus I wasn't expecting.
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

wishes....

Al was an evil - lurking in every season, in different ways, for me. Al is still there. Like an ex-lover that we know is no good for us. Like an ex-lover that we think of, when we are lonely. We are drawn to pick up the phone or reach out. But... I don't, I haven't yet... I am better without the way Al made me feel about myself. Al was evil and cruel. In every season...
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

wishes....

I am noticing patterns in my life and observing Al sucking up time that I think could be better spent on activities that are productive and not isolating. I hate him!!! I am not able to shut the door in his face. It is saddening to realize the "idea" of me is not as strong as I thought she was.....

Comment

wishes....

It is a medical fact that people suffer more from depression in the winter months, thus Al gets a better grip. Try to get outside everyday, lots of sunlight, lots of interaction with others. It helps me!
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

wishes....

Flyin
                  I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling right now. I am also sorry that when you felt you needed help here there was no one around. Seems to me that people struggle with AL no matter what time of the year it is. People struggle at times due to life situations, lonliness, boredom, stress, weather, financial problems, work problems.....well you see what I am saying. You know that I want only the best for you and am worried about you. I sincerely hope that you decide to do whatever it takes to battle AL. I know that you have done it before and can do it again.
                  XOXO
                  Time

Comment

wishes....

Flying.....if wishes were Canishes....I'ld take a dozen. Yes I do believe that were prone to drink more often at certein times, that's when we need a bigger plan......what ever it takes, go to AA, hit MWO, exercise, etc. What ever it takes. IAD
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

wishes....

Hi FH

I agree, keep busy. Recently I suggested to another member computer games, Majjong, Scrabble etc.

Even more recently, like 10 minutes ago, it occurs to me that if a person has a hobby or hobbies. He or she can go on-line and select whatever Interests they might have and chances are there will be a forum they can go to inorder to keep the mind occupied.

My favorite is MWO but I also discovered a website called 'WetCanvas' which includes art mediums too numerous to mention.

Happy cyber hunting . . .

Comment

wishes....

This is interesting...and a little depressing for me as I'm just going IN to Winter. I used to love sitting outside on the deck, on a Summer evening, with a cold drink & a ciggie. So I'm really hoping that I haven't picked the wrong time of year to go AF...Winter for me this year will be all about cozy nights with a green tea or hot chocolate!!!

Comment

wishes....

thanks for the posts and love....xo
                          i am drying out tonight and have been af during most weeknights, but my weekends are no where near proper mod levels...i think it is has to relate to that winter time depression. i had a daydream about the campral commercial today, scary thought. I just feel like i have this fog around me and i have tried many things to shake it, new haircut, cleaned the house, but i am just finding my mood really low. It's kind of like I just want to check out of reality and I know this really evil thing that can help me out with just that. I know we can drink for many different excuses and I am not just making excuses, for I am in the fog on sober days too. I know that kicking al's butt to the curb would help lift this gloom so I will just plan on being here more to shake this cloud away. thank you for your kind words and support, greatly appreciated....xo

Comment

Working...
                          X