life goes on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

life goes on....

I was just thinking of my daughter this morning after a fabulous day spent with her yesterday afternoon. I haven't laughed so hard in ages to be honest! But I was reminded of a question she asked me a while back when she was only 3. She said to me: "Daddy, Why is your jumper green?!" NOT "IS your jumper green?" To which I would of responded "Yes" and promptly involved her in some other colour recognition games. So I explained that Green was my favourite colour. "WHY?".............so I continued...."Well it reminds me of the grass and the trees and the woods" and so on and so forth! No surprises for what the next word out of her mouth was!!!.

I was also reading this morning The Poetry of James Kavanaugh and I started to really think about that child-like need to question things that I still have. My thoughts about my daughters questioning was that sometimes things just are. There is no great debate or philosophical answer to be had. They are just as they are.

It's also made me really think about this idea of living life on life's terms. Personally I feel that the more I accept that it is OK at times to feel sad, lonely, hurt etc the easier it is to deal with life itself. I don't need to catastrophize things or even in certain situations try and be cognitive about it. I just need to accept that it is OK to feel this way at times and it's not unnatural to have sad thoughts at times. I am a very romantic/melancholic person at the best of times believe me so I don't need anymore undue stress by thinking that it isn't!!.

James Kavanaugh on James Kavanaugh.

"I am one of the searchers. There are I believe, millions of us. We are not unhappy, but neither are we really content. We continue to explore life, hopinig to uncover its ultimate secret. We continue to explore ourselves, hoping to understand. We are drawn by the ocean.....We like forests and mountains, deserts and hidden rivers, and the lonely cities as well. We searchers are ambitious only for life itself, for everything beautiful it can provide. Most of all we want to love and be be loved."

Who am I? I am not sure. Once I was predictable. I was educated, trained, loved - not as I was, but as I seemed to be. My role was my safe way of hiding. I was approved, I pleased. Then almost suddenly, I changed. Now I am less sure, more myself. My role has almost disappeared. My roots are not in my church, my job, my city; even my world. They are in me. Friends are not so easy to find - and I dream a lot."

Have a great Sunday all!

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

life goes on....

" O-Bla-Dee, O-Bla-Da " Life goes on..........your right Hippie, don't kids say things that really make you think ? IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

life goes on....

Very thought-provoking...and rings true. Thanks for sharing, hippie :butterfly:
      ~K.

Comment

life goes on....

Why is that?!

It is. That's all. I remember when my children were little being able to look at the world through fresh eyes as I imagined they were seeing things. There are lots of 'why?'s' when you do that.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

life goes on....

Thanks for sharing that passage, Hippie.
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

life goes on....

[QUOTE=hippie37;566678]IIt's also made me really think about this idea of living life on life's terms. Personally I feel that the more I accept that it is OK at times to feel sad, lonely, hurt etc the easier it is to deal with life itself. I don't need to catastrophize things or even in certain situations try and be cognitive about it. I just need to accept that it is OK to feel this way at times and it's not unnatural to have sad thoughts at times. I am a very romantic/melancholic person at the best of times believe me so I don't need anymore undue stress by thinking that it isn't!!.

Hi Hippie
            Thanks for your very insightful thread that I can identify with so much. Just to say that I too am a complex fascinating human being with a wide range of emotions and experiences. I believe that there is more to my identity tahn one feeling or another, one problem or another. I am a wealth of contradictions and I can value all of my feelings without allowing them to dictate my actions. I know that I can feel anger toward someone and still love them. I can experience sadness and be confident that I will again be happy. I guess what I am trying to say is taht I am trying to embrace my complexities and contradictions and I am so grateful for the richness that they bring.
            Luv:l

Comment

life goes on....

WOW Hippie

Awsome, thank you!

I must say today for me is a True Day of Reflection and Inspirations thank to the people here at MWO. I've never actually thought about the true me until now.

God Bless you wonderful people . . .

Comment

life goes on....

My whole life growing up I heard "bad things happen to bad people", but ya know what...bad things happen to GOOD people too. It is called LIFE!!!!!!! we can either participate in it or miss it completely while drinking...bad/good things...still happen. It takes a long to to realize that in recovery I believe....or so it seems to me.
                Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

life goes on....

Thanks Hippie, I love the way you make me & all of us consider things.
                  I was brought up to question stuff - everything (as I write this I'm constantly interrupted by my 4yr old asking questions!!!) and I continue to question stuff every day...it's right. We should never stop questioning or 'searching'.

Comment

Working...
                  X