The Next Day Thread Monday 8 Mar 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all. Well, the cyclone is still coming, but has moved away from the coast a bit. We're on a cyclone warning, but I think all will be well unless it moves back towards the coast. We've got a bit of rain and a bit of wind. Will get worse during the day I dare say, but I'm not getting ready to evacuate. I was only thinking of doing that because of the dogs. 10,000 were evacuated in low lying areas yesterday.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Good morning Panicked, and all to come. I hope that cyclone stay's out at sea! Take care.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks G. So do I. Next report on it's movement comes through in half an hour.
      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
      AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Finger's crossed for you, and anyone else in it's path.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Pan & Mr. G,

Hope all stays calm for you Pan - I listen to ABC radio and they're pretty good with updates. I have friends in Hervey Bay.

Public Holiday down here, gorgeous morning - I'm off the 'puter and outta here.

Comment

Hi Tawns. Are your friends on higher ground? I'm going over to check out the tide height shortly. Don't think it will hit hard anyway. 7am tomorrow will probably be the closest it gets to the Bay.

Enjoy your holiday.
            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
            AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Hope everyone stays safe. Tornadoes on the ground here in Ohio. Our weather is fabulous. I'm planning to go to the cabin later this week and can't wait to go walking and fishing. I like to take my big Rottie with me fishing in case of snakes, but when we throw fish back she jumps in after them. LOL!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Morning,

Hope all goes ok today, I've actually been to Hervey Bay and Fraser Island, really lovely places. The kids loved the little crabs on the beach at Hervey, and I loved the peace on Fraser!

Am on school run duty this week, will pop back later.

Bxx
                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

I hope the cyclone stays away from you and any other people in the area Pan, I couldn't imagine how scary living with weather like that could be. It's terrifying what nature can do.
                  The way I change the past is by not repeating it
                  -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Hi all, I'm a bit late today...I HAD to get some housework done before the gym.
                    Pan - I'm thinking of you. I heard they thought it was gonna be worse than cyclone Larry...that might mean another banana shortage for you guys - that sux. Good to know you're on higher ground tho Pan...keep those doggies indoors & give us an update (if you don't lose power)

Comment

Aha!! I now get what you mean by "next day thread" - for we southerners!!! gREAT TO see you, gatman, we haven't had cyclones here, but not far off it - weather crazy - more temperamental than my mood swings :H
                      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

And hi there angel - what part of NZ are you??? Great to see you x
                        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

hey kapo, i saw you were the last up on the army thread - was gonna say hi to you there but here you are!!! I'm in Auckland. Weather's not bad today - windy though.
                          You're in Greymouth right??

Comment

Hello everyone

Had a great at-home "break" as my partner had time off. Lots of gardening done and bought way too many more plants. This is my final attempt at growing coriander; why doesn't it like me?!! Looks like we might get some rain today/tomorrow.

Comment

Ugh Blondie...I just went to check my coriander plant & it looks like I've killed another one...only took 1 week to get this one!! And it's my most favourite herb to cook with...
                              But, I've got silverbeet, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, leeks, bok choy, carrots & onions in. This is my first attempt at growing veggies - I really think I overdid it at the plant barn and brought about twice as many seedlings as necessary...

Comment

Working...
                              X