Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread Monday 8 Mar 09

Hi and welcome Kap!

Angel and Blondie - I read somewhere that Coriander is really hard to grow, so take heart! I'm hoping my Aussie friends will bring me some seeds this week so I can grow rocket. My passionfruit is hanging on in there, but still looks quite sick. Papaya seems to be relatively easy here - and I wish I had space for a banana tree. My Mom in the UK has just retired, they've just put in some raised beds for veggies and someone is giving her a couple of chickens - should be interesting!

It's just startd to rain here so the dogs are missing their walk. Hopefully we'll be able to go later.

Take Care, especially the Qld Next Dayfolks

Fi x
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

... on Coriander ... I've given up trying. Each time I plant some it very quickly bolts and goes to seed, never giving me enough leaf or roots to use in cooking.

Comment

Cyclone update: It was moving closer to the coast at last BOM update, but is weakening. It's becoming really windy here now in spits and spurts. Has rained on and off all day. I must say, it was still beautiful on the beach tho. Cloudy and misty, but no wind and really calm sea.

I've put everything that moves (except the doggies) away in the sheds just in case, but I don't think we'll see much action here. The evacuation has been put on hold as well.
        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
        AF May 23 09 to July 09
        AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Betty, hope tomorrow goes well with your hostessing, and congrats on 30 days - in advance.
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09
          AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

IDQ10810
            Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
            Queensland
            Tropical Cyclone Warning Centre

Media: This message is issued daily for the information of interested parties.
            Media are NOT required to broadcast this message.

TROPICAL CYCLONE OUTLOOK
            for the Coral Sea West of Longitude 160 East
            Issued at 2:30pm on Monday the 9th of March 2009

Severe Tropical Cyclone Hamish is moving southeast parallel to the Queensland
            coast. For details refer to the latest Tropical Cyclone Advice.

No other significant tropical disturbances are present in the Coral Sea.

Tropical Cyclone outlooks issued by Brisbane can be accessed through the
            Bureau's Home Page Home Page - Bureau of Meteorology.

Cyclone Hamish. Reminds me of a Scottish Policeman and Plockton.

Will be watching the news tonight for further developments.

CORIANDER: Mine tends to go to seed too. Any of you got a finger lime? Mine is producing lovely little limes. Planted it about 3 years ago. Tawn, get a kaffir lime, and a Backhousie citriodora (Lemon myrtle, Qld rainforest tree, but should grow OK in Vic). With them, some basil, garlic and chilli, you'll never need much else for your cooking!!

Comment

very late today ... posted a long post last night about how I wouldn't be here much this week with 4 looming deadlines, but somehow the post got eaten up in the ether. Never know why that happens.

Pan - glad things are looking a bit better. Keep those doggies safe!

Betty - congrats on your 30 days tomorrow! :goodjob:

Coriander ... also given up growing it and is so cheap to buy that I dont even contemplate growing any more. But how do you keep it from going limp???!!

We have been harvesting our heritage tomatoes the last two weeks and are at the point of giving them away we have so many. They are so much nicer than supermarket ones!
              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
              X