Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuff I have been putting off forever (AF or not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few dishes that my 2 yr old broke, that needed to be super-glued -- been sitting on the kitchen counter for months. Finally fixed 'em tonight! (one took, one didn't)

I am SURE all of you have such stories-- things we need to do! This is not about success or failure -- I think we all understand, and if we can have small successes (well one plate worked, but the other didn't) then I suppose that is progress.

MWO friends, please share anything that you have moved forward on -- or at least HOPE to move forward on.

Cleaned out all my closets and donated alot of clothes. I also figured out how to download music from my computor onto my mp3 player and now I have music to listen to when I'm doing my yard work this summer.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Lilmea...I have to work out how to do that. Mr Cakes got me an iPod shuffle for christmas & it's still sitting in the packaging in a drawer...
      However, I did get a garden bed made & planted with veggies...now just trying not to kill them...

Comment

I need to get the dog licence sorted.

And as per a previous post, get thinner thighs.

Bxx
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

I sorted out a whole drawer full of bills. Now they are neatly filed in their appropriate folder according to date. Took me half the day.
          Starting over again
          ray:

Comment

I needed this thread. Seriously.

Now I need to figure out which of the things I have been putting off take priority.

I guess that is step one.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Taking on new fitness goals... feels great!
              If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Clean my room...organize all my important paper work.
                Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Nice thread!

Today: Made mammogram appointment, looong overdue, FINALLY! Will go in tomorrow.

Comment

good luck WIP...That needs to go on my list as well!
                    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Darn WIP, I've been blissfully procrastinating on that :durn: Grumble, Grumble, I did go thru all my clothes and donated a whole gob to Goodwill not too long ago. Some things were from High School and I don't think or want to get down to that underweight.

I also need to bra shop but I hate clothes shopping period.....maybe I'll make my hubby go with me, not for any smutzy reason but when he is with me he nags me into just doing it!!

I miss my best friend/cousin, she likes doing that girly stuff. If I lived by Mar I'd make her go with me

Comment

I'm doing a series of monthly gardening talks at the local library. With the drinking I was doing, I had lost the focus for preparing this kind of thing.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Last week I did the Flylady 'Fling Boogie' which someone recommended here and threw out about 300 items to the charity shop. It was a great feeling. Apparently you're supposed to do it whilst 'dressed to shoes' and they are supposed to be lace up. Unfortunately did not manage that as did it in pyjamas
                          AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reminder about the mammogram. I haven't had one done in years. In fact, I haven't had any medical checkups done on myself since baby (who is now 2 1/2) and some are seriously overdue.

Cindi, I totally hear you about trying to figure out what to do next. I get majorly overwhelmed by everything, and as a result, get nothing done.

Zen, I just told hubby about needing to get back into gardening this year. We always used to have a big vegetable garden -- love tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, herbs.... The last few years have been hard to manage that. But I want no more excuses. So let's all be positive for spring!

Comment

:H:H squeeze-0-gram Zen! Ouch! WIP did you have to remind me? Where's my pencil and my list I'm adding things on.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X