Army Thread 9th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 9th March

Well, dont forget I was giving up the gum and not smoking, I gave up smoking 8 months ago, so my lungs felt loads better then. I feel calmer I think, and so pleased I dont have that horrible addiction hanging over me any more...I do chew ordinary gum though. but not 30 pieces a day!
    Isnt it marvellous?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

Hi all. A quick fly-by, back from the doc, tests done, and I'm guessing my little Chinese doctor is going to REQUIRE me to quit smoking. Have a few, minor circulatory probs, but smoking is adding to making my bones more fragile. Guess no more excuses!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

Rubes, do it hun!! You will never regret it!

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

I know. Must vow to buy no more. I REALLY hate broken bones, and I'm getting a chest cold now. Those linger for MONTHS!
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

How will you do it? Cold turkey, patches, gum or meds?

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

got a text from One saying shes ok and will be back on when she can.

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

Thanks Limers! So glad she is OK.

How many years have you smoked Rubes?

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

Of and on about 20. I don't smoke heavily, and I smoke little tiny cigarettes, about 1/2 pack a day. It's more habit than addiction, I think. But it is affecting my health. So many people I know have died or are dying from diseases aggravated by nicotine.
                  sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

And Starts, I'm not sure yet how I'll stop. I've done it several times before, just cold turkey. Won't be fool enough to start up again!
                    sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

Well. good for you for making that decision. My mum has had lung cancer twice, its not nice

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

Hey Rubarama,
                        Come join the "land of no smoking allowed" with us. It is a wonderful place with no coughing and sweet smelling skin and clothes!!! Starty and I just love it and want very much for you to join us!!
                        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

Evening all. Denist went ok and he said i have very healthy gums and teeth which is great becuase a few years ago he was quite worried about them. My wisdom teeth are also alot better now and it looks like i will not have to have them out. I'm thrilled! I've had a lovely relaxing day, i popped in for a coffee at my nans, it's always great visiting my nan.

How is everyone today?

I'm glad Oney is ok.

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

Kriggys right, it really is wonderful. You need to wear an orange robe to join though...

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

Well done Wishy! I used to have bad gums but I have sorted them now too

Comment

Army Thread 9th March

I didnt know you smoked Zen!!! You can pack that up now girlie!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X