Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewpoints about alcohol; promoting recovery for all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My comment is that modders are not all the same. I think that most of us try to be very sensitive to the needs of the AF majority. The offensive post mentioned here was the work of one person, though some others did defend him. I don't personally think that alcohol is all that great, I just want to keep it occasionally in my life for social reasons.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Marbella

is that 'you know you're an alcoholic when'.....thread here in this forum?
      AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

My .02 cents is that we know when to keep reading a post and when we need to leave it and move to one that encourages us and moves us in the direction that we want to go in whether it be moderation or abstinence. That conflict will forever be here based on how the program was developed and that is just how it's going to be.

I read a title and decide to open it or not. If I open it and get a negative feeling I close it, if I am intrigued I continue on. Even when I feel challenged I keep reading because I know I am being pushed in a positive direction. It's all about learning about who we are today.

If we want to try moderation GREAT. I know some people who have mastered it. If we want to abstain GREAT I know some people who have mastered that as well. To each there own however we are all here together to learn and to grow and to be our better selves.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

"ask an addict the time and they'll build you a clock!" Boom Boom!!!
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I'm afraid you missed my point, Beaches, Zenstyle, my dears... ah well... no sleep lost...

Ever onward!

Comment

hippie37;567720 wrote: "ask an addict the time and they'll build you a clock!" Boom Boom!!!
              An addict... and anyone else, for that matter... too true, Hippie! We're ALL enamored of our opinions, and happy to explain and advocate them! I plead guilty to that one... mea culpa... !!

Comment

Zenstyle;567725 wrote: S U P P O R T is what this should be about..... love you WIP.... :l
                Exactly my point, Zenstyle!

Comment

I'm working on it Zen, don't rush me!!
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I'ved just woken up on my 30th day and read this. Fantastic. WIP, I think you know when you post you're going to cause friction, and whether I agree with your post or not I don't agree with the antagonism.

B
                    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Sweaty Betty;567738 wrote: I'ved just woken up on my 30th day and read this. Fantastic. WIP, I think you know when you post you're going to cause friction, and whether I agree with your post or not I don't agree with the antagonism.

B
                      Excuse me???????

Comment

Betty, you have truly taken me by surprise. I am doing my very best to NOT antagonize anyone, but to try to explain, calmly and clearly, where I am coming from... Not all disagreements are antagonistic, and the points that I am making are not without merit. You clearly disagree with me, and that is fine. I have absolutely no wish to offend you, or anyone else here... far from it! You need not take offense... and I hope you will not.

Comment

You know what? I'm so non confrontational I'm really upset. This kind of negative posting is far more likely to stop me coming to MWO than anything else. Actually, I'm shaking. I'm so sorry WIPbecause I do genuinely enjoy your posts, but I'm hitting the ignore button.
                          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Oh, for crying out loud. This is crazy. Thanks Zen, for getting it, but give me a minute to figure out how to do it, and I'll delete the whole feckin' thread. Too many people here go nuts when I try to say where I am coming from. This place is crazy. You'd think I was drunk and hollering obscenities, or something... in fact I think a lot of people here would like me better, if I did. Tell Betty she's safe from me now. Feck it.

Comment

Working...
                            X