The Next Day Thread Wed 11 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had the misfortune to meet some really horrible people down at the shopping centre car park. This town is known for the friendliness of people. I'm shocked.

I inadvertantly pinched a car parking space they were waiting for. I didn't see them and they were parked way back against the other kerb, so it wasn't even obvious. They had their indicator going, but it could have been on to pull out into the drive through. I knew they were there, but it wasn't obvious they wanted the car park.

As soon as I opened my door to get out I was accosted by this woman, shouting IN MY FACE that I had pinched their car park and didn't I know what indicators were for, you stupid bitch, etc, etc. I calmly tried to explain to her that I wasn't aware of what I had done and I would move the car, but she was too busy screaming at me to listen - on and on she went.

So, by this time I was getting really annoyed, so yelled back over the top of her, so she could hear me above herself, and told her I had been about to move the car, but I wouldn't now that she was abusing me. She still kept on keeping on. Then her husband joined in and started yelling at me, telling me I was just making excuses now. And so it continued. By this time, everyone in the car park was watching and I was so embarrassed.

I smiled, said have a nice day and walked off. They were both still screaming at me as I walked away. Great start to my day. Really wanted a smoke after that.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Reply to Betty

Betty, yes I will get a chance to walk the dogs today. It's going to happen now because my physio is at their normal walking time. It's stopped raining for now, so it's now or never.

Hope tomorrow goes well.
      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
      AF May 23 09 to July 09
      AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Oh Panicked,
        Isn't it awful when that happens. A similar thing happened to me about a month ago, but not quite as much shouting. I apologised and offered to move the car. Know how you feel. Don't let it get to you.Friendly town... well I now know you don't live at Surfers.

Comment

Oh Pan that sounds hideous!!! I have to say though, I usually flip the bird if someone takes my spot. A girl blatently took my spot a couple of weeks ago - pushed in front of me - and it was a pram spot (she didn't have a pram)...I left a note on her car. It didn't really make me feel that much better at the time bt I don't think she'll park in a pram spot again!!! Anyway parking & traffic s**t sux...sorry Kiwis but Aucklanders are the worst/rudest drivers - even little old ladies cut you off & push in. OK OK rant over....
          Now, welcome Eskimo - I highly highly recommend the supps but haven't taken the meds. I had a drinking pattern probably similar to yours...binging 2-3 nights a week (1 to 1.5bottles wine)not during the day or anything...just a really long hangover from my partying days that ended about 5 yrs ago (but the drinking didn't) The All One powder is brilliant - made me feel like super woman but I don't want to pay to get it shipped over all the time. I think a really good multivitamn does the same thing. And I loooove the CDs - even to just get out of your own head for a while, and I find I sleep well if I listen just before sleeping.
          Ezz - did Body pump at the gym...considering doing body attack tomorrow - never done it before...cardios not my thing. I'll let you know.
          Hey Blondie - good to see ya.
          hey SB - good to hear you've calmed down a bit!!! he he
          Raggsie - enjoy Sinney mate.
          hey Rubes & last call *wave*
          I'm heading in to the very pointy end of a very pointy day 4 right now (5.15pm) I feel like swearing a lot. I'm off to make a soda water with squeeze of lemon...f**k...
          Where's Mr G today I wonder...maybe he's rockin' it out somewhere or hanging in the studio doing something REALLY cool...oh well back to my (AF) life...f**k...

xo

Comment

Hey Angel...

I LOVE body pump! That class rocks!

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

Just reporting in for Roll Call. Had/having a great day doing outside stuff.

My nearest town is so small that the only things that go out after 8pm are the lights.

Comment

Oh awesome - so you're a gym goer obviously. I love it too...have become heaps stronger & more toned since I started.

Comment

Hey Froggy...oh does everyone know your business??

Comment

Well after skipping the gym today I went shopping. Now I remember why going to the gym is so much better for me, I don't spend so much money. Angel - you will love body attack, it is cardio but it does have 2 non-cardio tracks, one for push-ups and another for squatting and lunges at the end. So you really only do about 35 minutes of pure cardio.

Comment

Angel - what they don't know, they make up. LOL

Comment

TF :H

Comment

Ezz - oh yay, push ups!! I think I'll give it a whirl

Comment

ezzmae;568783 wrote: Angel - you will love body attack, it is cardio but it does have 2 non-cardio tracks, one for push-ups and another for squatting and lunges at the end. So you really only do about 35 minutes of pure cardio.
                            Boy, this sounds like great fun (NOT!!!)

Think I went to a Body Attack class by accident about a year ago ...... 5 mins in and I just about had heart palpitations!! :H:H

Just checking in in between deadlines ........ two down two to go! One has been pushed out to next week, which has up-sides (dont have to finish it this week) and down sides (will have to work on weekend to get it finished for next week!)

Everyone sounds good and welcome Eskimo! I heartily endorse your thoughts about working out what your own goals are and how you want to achieve them!

Glad everyone sounds good. Its only 14 degrees here!!! Summer has definitely gone!
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                            X