Can you feel as good AF as drunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picking up on the end of the thread here so pardon me if I am repeating someone.

For me, there is nothing more fun than a good long sober belly laugh that makes your eyes tear and hurts that spot behind your ears.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Amazingly, yes. Took a little time though!

B
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

That second drink ...... large glass of cold wine really getting into your stride as the stresses of the day evaporate......that was the best time. But so short lived! All the glasses to follow just trying to recreate the buzz of the first couple i agree yes. I'd still be kidding myself by midnight that I should have another glass to get that 6pm buzz back. How pathetic! So glad I am where I am today.......
        AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

Sobriety is it's own reward; however if you have been a long term drinker, you may have some rough times to get through as you crawl out of your hole and find yourself standing on your own. for me, it has been a ?re-invention? of myself since I quit.
          And, Gia? your oh so correct! (even for a long term married couple) LOL
          BHOG
          War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

I sure as hell hope you feel better, cause I felt like dog crap DRUNK! It is so not worth it...
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

You can feel better being AF than drunk. Like Sweaty Betty said; it just takes a little time.

I wouldn't switch back to the 'drunk' life, for the life of me! I do miss somethings about drinking, don't get me wrong. But overall, AF far outweighs being drunk all of the time.

Comment

all i can say is hell yes.

Comment

Sleeping through the night is the best. I have been AF for 25 days for the first time in years, and each day gets better, 24/7. I wake up refreshed, anxiety free, and right with myself. I noticed that after many years of drinking, the only enjoyable part was the actual putting the glass to my lips and drinking. AFter the wine was gone, I felt like crap, which continued through the night and into the next day or days. So....believe me, it is worth it.
                  Redhibiscus

Comment

Once again, everyone - THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! for all your posts. I have found each of them so helpful. I never had imagined myself to have gotten to the point of drinking I had - I know we each have our own stories of how we got there - for me, I never drank much in my younger years, even completely abstained a number of years (I had belonged to a church which encouraged abstinence, and acknowledged that the Bible did not forbid drinking, only drunkenness. But because some people have problems w/ alcohol, they thought - wisely - that it was best to just abstain, and used grape juice instead of wine for communion,) Anyway, I fit the pattern of a late onset drinker, w/ life stressors related to my overdrinking, and of course, did not recognize it at the time. But it took on a life of its own, where I would not have to be stressed to drink, and of course was more stressed if I didn't drink. But as many of you have alluded to, I was essentially chasing that initial buzz from the 1st 1 or 2 (it took more of course as time went on). And what followed was chaos, poor memory, lack of energy, family heartache - I feel so bad for my children having so much of their childhood memories colored by the disappointments of my drunkenness ! I can't get back the time I've lost, but am trying to move forward, and I thank each of you so much!

Comment

Working...
                    X