Half Way Through My First Day AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great, your body's doing it's work...getting rid of the toxins! Congratulations!
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Down2earth and Zen, Contratulations! It will improve. I must admit, it took, what seemed like, forever for me to start to sleep well. I used an over the counter sleep aid for several months after quitting. The best way to stop doing something- (drinking) is to do something else. Keep busy. Make lists. Lots of projects and activities. Good for you! Keep it up!
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Zen, I spent tons of time in a hot bath with Epsom Salts sipping on ice water with lemon slices, in the beginning. I would travel the 10 feet from the edge of my bed and slide into the water, as hot as I could stand it. I was like a worn out dish rag. Pretty sad sight, for sure, but well worth it!
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

withdrawals are a sign your body is getting better, please stay with it. I was sober 6 days then got smashed ?why God only knows; and now I ve been sober 3days since and at present I could drink the goddam Atlantic ocean- howvever Ive just made some soup and I have a bath running , so Im gonna have a bath and not get dressed afterwards and then go to bed very early with a very easy book to read ( the golden compass actually) and nosh till I sleep- calories who cares- at least they are n't the empty calories of wine.
          I will get up early and execise on the wii and go swimming and spend the rest of the day visiting my mum and then spring cleaning .this thread is also a a way of passing time too, also the positive imagery means the brain tends to what it sees -

Comment

this is a fab place with lots of kind lovely people -use it I do - I chat and I write threads to pass time when Im feeling vulnerable
            like now hence the going on and on

anyhow good luck -Jools

Comment

i know I am so annoyed but I really hope thet Down 2 earth makesit through another night. Im focusing on positive images and read a good line on someones thread -ask why you dont want to be sober??

Comment

Stay Cool down to earth and stay with it you are a fabulously brave and honest person

Comment

Hey guys

Zenny, I didnt realize you were going through this

Jools and D2E you can all do it. Please be careful with the Ativan. I get very nervous when i hear of any benzos being involved.

Im pretty lucky or unlucky as i dont go through any physical consequences from drinking (actually i should add that to my list of yets). my problem is when the mental and social consequences start to get further away i find it harder to mentally stay away from it.

We can all be supportive to each other. Im taking topamax and i am staying active with meetings where i have to go and meet up with people face to face. it really is the only way i dont drink too much. i like the feeling so much. Im thinking about getting that medicine that takes away the good feeling at the beginning. I cant remember the name right now. anyway i think that is my next step.

Anyway stay strong and keep talking. Maybe we can all try to go AF for a period of time together.

Comment

I made it through the day feeling somewhat ok after my first AF day. Of course no sleep. I took melotonin, and slept fairly well until about 2 am. Then I was wide awake, sweating. All day yesterday I was tired, and had a headache. I just kept drinking water. All was well until I got home. The fiance (who is supposed to be going AF with me) smelled like alcohol. I asked him if he had been drinking, and he said no. I went into the other room and went back in very slowy, to see him taking a shot. Guess what happened next...

I didn't drink as much as I normally do, in fact I didn't even get a buzz. But today I am SO mad at myself. I didn't make it to day 2 AF. I failed again.

I love my fiance. He is struggling too. I was so mad at him. At first, I thought it was because he drank. Then I thought it was because he lied. Then I realized it was because he wasn't going to let me have any... He is trying to protect me from myself, but the bottle is so strong.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X