Army Thread 12th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 12th March

I take being able to walk for granted!!!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

Oh and having a warm house.

My boiler broke this morning.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

The gas man came and it can't be fixed until tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

It's funny how you appreciate things when they're taken away.

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

It's something I've been trying to do this week though, having a attitude of prayer about everything. When I get up, thank God for the new day, and when I turn on the shower, thank God that I can just do that and expect warm water to come out (well, not today!!!) but you get the idea. And just having that attitude about everything throughout the day. Not saying I've managed it - I've usually forgotten by the time I've got to work!

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

Where's everyone gone??? :upset:

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

Hi again all and thank you for the welcome back whether i deserve it or not.

Hope all is well with everyone and I am catching up with some of the posts

I am with you Sea on getting to a stage where another recovery may not be possible. I think the one thing I have noticed about the people here, which for me is so hopeful, is that we all seem to have that fighting spirit, we will not let this destroy us, but to me personally it is a case of things have to get worse before they get better. I vow today not to have a drink again but that will mean that I have to face things head on. That will be hard, hard being an understatement, but as tlrgs keeps saying it is doable which I think it is a great way to look at it. I will feel like shit but I will live (hopefully), I may not live if I keep up what i am doing physically to block out the mental shit if that makes any sense and I have to approach it one day at a time, something that i was always a bit sceptical about but now makes total sense to me.

I am with you Limers on the diary of shame and share the excitement of not letting other people disrespect me and thinking that being a boozer is all i am - people have a habit of remembering you for something negative, not the great stuff that we all do, all of the time. Someone told me yesterday that I was 'superb' in my work and I found it very difficult to accept, had she said I was an ole floozy with no gumption then I probably would have gone home quite happy as it would have been right in my mind.

But I have a bit of fight in me I think, I'd better or I'm in trouble!, keeping my fingers and pink bits crossed
                xx
                There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

Welcome back Bandit!

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

Vlad,
                    What was wrong with your foot? I think your gratitude attitude is a wonderful way to approach life. It's hard to make it all the way thru the day that way but every single minute that you are grateful turns that day into a happy experience, don't you think. And, every day it gets easier and easier until you find yourself doing it thru the whole day!
                    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

Vlad, Sorry about your boiler; is your family going to have to stay the night somewhere else to escape the cold?
                      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

LOL!

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

I was having a lump removed caused by something Russian that wanted to embed itself in my foot and stay there for a whole year and a half. I asked to see it after it had been removed, it was gross and cyst like.

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

It's not funny, my foot hurts! :H

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

Least I only had to have a local whilst they cut it out.

Comment

Army Thread 12th March

No, I'm fine I have a gas fire in the front room, I just have to stay there.

Comment

Working...
                                X