The Next Day Thread Friday 13th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, really, I gotta go. I'm getting that teary, bleary computer-eye old-fart syndrome!
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Nighers, BH and Zen. It's been great!

Hey Rubers, I'm just taking off.

Comment

I am certainly not speaking for others but i suspect binge drinking may be a little bit easier to control than daily drinking as it must surely be less of a physical AL addiction and more of a physcological addiction. I guess I was lucky in that way.
        BH

Comment

Ok guys g'night or gidday wherever yez are!
          Talk soon.
          BH

Comment

:choc:

...here I come. And I've been exercising! Oh well. Better than tying one on!

G'night. :l

Comment

Ah, Zen, you made my day.

Comment

You young 'uns are lucky you're looking at these problems now. I feel so blessed to be in control, today, yesterday, hopefully tomorrow. There are so many things ahead of you to look forward to in sobriety. Yep, chocolate is better, and you can walk it off in a straight line!
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi guys,
                  Wow this thread really is busy today. It's great to see so many people posting and supporting one another. I also fell of the wagon last night and drank nearly two bottles of wine. The worst part was my son who wanted to go out with a friend stayed home to look after me because he was worried. I'm not sure what feels worst the headache or the guilt. We had a big chat thismorning and I told him that I will try for 30day AF, starting today.
                  So here goes day 1AF, trying to stay positive. Reading the posts here helps alot...so thankyou.

Comment

Oh dear crystal, is it a full moon or something?? I always found I'd go nuts on the booze when it was a full moon. But I finished the second bottle of wine last night and probably would've kept going if there was anymore to be had! What an idiot. So it's Day 1 again for me...actually it's now 4pm and the stinkin' drinkin' thinkin' is already creeping in...and I'm hungover. WTF??

Comment

Hey BH, you & I are very similar in that I'm a binger - one night - and so I feel more addicted in my head than physically. And I'm ALL about the instant gratification...I know that when you work at something and take your time it's more deeply satisfying (usually) but I want it NOW NOW NOW!!!

Comment

Zenstyle;570424 wrote: Are reef thongs and jandals what I call flip flops? I am so confused tonight.... :-)
                        Thongs - just plain old thongs. Reef is a brand.
                        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                        AF May 23 09 to July 09
                        AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

I cannot believe this thread is still going. I've made my phone call, I've been out shopping and to the library, read a bit of the book I picked up and logged back in. Just catching up from page 8.
                          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                          AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Oz Thongs = US flip flops
                            US Thongs = Oz G-sting underpants thingys

Comment

thanks for the clarification Tawdryfrog :H

Comment

Angel, Champix did not make me want wine any less. It did take away my craving for smokes. It also made me very lightheaded so I stopped it. In Aus you can only get a prescription filled under PBS once in a year, so if you try it and don't keep it up, you can't get another prescription filled cheaply. I think it's about $100 non PBS. (Pharmaceutical Benefit Scheme)
                                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                                AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Working...
                                X