The Next Day Thread Friday 13th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeneroni! You awesome woman! You fantastic creature! You ARE the woman! Day three is the WORST and you're doing it!!
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

:happy: Zen!

:yay: Zen!

:wave: Zeneroni!!

Comment

Good for you Zenny
        That is awresome as they say in Kiwiland. Keep up the good work. So much better for you than a 3 day bender!
        BH

Comment

Good point, BH.

Comment

Be
            No I dont suppose it will ever be completely over (my predisposition to binge drinking will always be there) but having said that thanks to MWO I now have the tools and the knowledge to manage it and as time goes on it becomes second nature to me.
            BH

Comment

I'm still working on it Zen, every single day. I'm really proud of you, I remember your first day AF...

Comment

Zen
                You must be so proud of yourself. The first week or so is the hardest no doubt about it and you dont want to have to do it again so save those feelings so you can refer back to them later if you are weakening. After all we are changing the habits and addictions of a long time. As the ad says it may not happen overnight but it will happen! Mind you that ad was for hair conditioner so its not quite the same thing really!
                BH

Comment

BH, I'm hoping for the second nature part. It's still work for me at this point. I fail sometimes but don't beat myself up anymore. Just keep on plugging away with the tools I've learned, as you said. New habits. New thoughts. I'm not a binge drinker but a slow and steady never-let-go day after day after day...ugh.

Comment

Go Zen!

Comment

It takes a real paradygm (sp) shift but it's worth it. I just wish it were quicker! DAMN! Oh well, all we have is time, right?

Comment

I have always been an instant gratification person (and of course AL is the ultimate in instant gratification!) and never like to deprive myself of anything I want (aka a greedy pig) so doing the hard yards was never my style. I wanted to be cured now right now! Give me the drug give me the injection give me whatever it is that will cure me. But as we all know only too well there is no magic cure and its down to us and you know those little days do tick right on by and can eventually add up to a new life.
                        BH

Comment

I almost wish I hadn't posted that. I never expected the response and the PMs. Now it seems like I have my shite all together and feel like I don't. But I AM getting there. I don't want to take that away from the work I've done. I just, I don't know. I'm not as together as I'd like to be, I guess. Still a work in progress, like wippy...I do have to make adjustments. I mean, I was blacking out every night. Now the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach.

Aaarrrghh, anyway, thanks, Zen. You're right. One of my main points was that one size doesn't fit all. It's so different for each of us even though the symptoms, and outcomes, are so similar.

Comment

Me too, instant gratification for me! Like chocolate in about 10 seconds.

Comment

I'm with ya, Zen. I'm ready for some CHOCOLATE then off to bed!

Comment

Hey, everybody. I've spent what time I've been here today on the music thread. How's tricks?
                                sigpic
                                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                                X