Army Thread 13 March 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 13 March 09

Pioneers couldn't carry a piano, etc., so they created. Music was VERY important to them, in a wold with no electronics, recordings, etc., they might go thru their lives and never hear REAL music.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

115 posts!!!! How will I ever catch up.lol
      Good Day Folks How is everyone. Seabers still has the manflu, thought it was just a hangover, but NO, seems I got invaded by the flu at the same time. Sponsor is still kicking my ass though.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

I'm really hoping we run across a good pick-up band practicing next week. Cabin's in the heart of artist country so there's something going on all the time. Some friends of ours nearby have a huge cattlefarm. The mother lives in the big central old main house and they have houses nearby. Every year they host a 3-day bluegrass festival that is the BOMB! People come from all over the world to play.
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Ruby. Funny you bring up pioneer's and piano's. An aussie musicologist just did a recording on the most weatherbeaten, battered piano's he could find here. Some waterlogged, some had , and still are spending years under a tree on a farm somewhere, anyway, he mentioned that a few piano's were found in the sea, that had been pushed off, or sunk in old shipwrecks off Oz coast.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Sea, sorry you feeling under but congrats on an ass-kicking sponsor! LOL
            sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Hiya Sea!....

Ruby. Bluegrass festival, or any kind of gig like that in the countryside is special isn't it?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Glad youre better, Zen. G, that's so interesting. I've heard pianos in some old churches all across the South (had to try playing quite a few of them!). A unique sound!
                sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Right, G. It's in the Nacoochee Valley, and nearby there's a prehistoric Native American mound, and the place where the Cherokee have a regular pow wow. So cool. That's why I love it so. Not to mention the gold mines!
                  sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

I don't know how Starts managed to get that Manflu across the Pond. Where is she? Let me at her:boxer:

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Zen, I'm sorry. I have been out of it since my bender last weekend. I take it that you have been detoxing too? I am on Day 4. Is that the day that you are on? How are you feeling?

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Yes Zen, I recognize sarcasm, but as with any other posts I'm not interested in I don't read them. I am sorry you're feeling so badly, but we're all at different places, and this thread has been many things to many people. We all find recovery in our own way.
                        sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

I wish I could have been more supportive to you Zenny. Guess we were both going through it. Oh, well, we are on the same day and can help each other. I just got hit with this upper respiratory infection on top of it all. Probably, cuz I smoke like a fiend when I am drinking. So what is your plan from here?

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

,hi all,zen youve been going thro a lot of trying , trying times ,ouch,not all here beleive there alchoholic,when people are in such need there should be a spot xcclusively for the greif,but to lash out at someone that supports all, wow,

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Zen. Yep. The first week is tough. How are you coping there?

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Thanks, Gyco.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X