Army Thread 13 March 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 13 March 09

Oh my lordy Vlad.. your clown loach is a handsome fish.
    I bought my daughter two wee little striped angel fish and was shocked to learn a few weeks later that they grow to quite a size too...
    Now you've really got me worried!!!!

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Hey! I've discovered a fun game to play while I am bored to death at work!!
      It is a browser game so as long as you are online you can play, and it takes hours in between moves so you can work and do stuff... just check in from time to time to see what's up. Anyone interested?

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Hi all. I went back to sleep till 8, so havent been up since 5! I was considering going for a walk, but had a good long think about it, and figured it would be a bad idea!
        I think Leekys idea is excellent, and I was given 12 nightly questions to answer by my sponser with regards to my daily inventory.
        10th/ 11th Step Date: _____/_____/_____
        The Twelve Nightly Questions [86:1] Chronology of today’s events:
        1. How was I resentful? (if so, do 4-column inventory)
        2. How was I selfish (i.e. egotistical, self-seeking)?
        3. How was I dishonest?
        4. How was I afraid?
        5. Do I owe an apology? Who did I help today?
        6. What have I wrongly kept secret?
        7. Was I unkind (i.e. cruel, harsh, unfeeling)? What did I accomplish today?
        8. Was I unloving (i.e. cold, unresponsive, indifferent)?
        9. What could I have done better? What I am grateful for today?
        10. Was I thinking of myself most of the time?
        11. Was I thinking of what I could do for others? Who needs my prayers today?
        12. Was I thinking what I could pack into the stream of life?
        But we are careful not to drift into worry, remorse, or morbid reflection, for that would diminish our usefulness to
        others. After making our review we ask God’s forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should be taken
        We say a Prayer: “God, please forgive me for my failings today. I know that because of my failings I was not able
        to be as effective as I could have been for You. Please forgive me and help me live Thy will better tomorrow.
        Father, I ask that You now show me how to correct the errors I have just outlined. Guide me and direct me.
        Please remove my arrogance and my fear. Show me how to make my relationships right, and grant me the
        humility and strength to do Thy will. Amen.”
        Reflections on the day.......
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Good morning Cym.. that was a lovely post. food for thought! Glad you are doing so well my friend!

Oney, go to Travian - Browser Game - Romans, Gauls & Teutons
          it is free to register, you can be a Roman, a Gaul or a Teuton, you have to pick which server and I chose server '3 Classic' so if you are in my world we can become allies!

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Me & all my kids are on the australian server 3 together. Tis fun!

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

but I'm also on the UK/America server which is the address i gave you.
              The best thing is you don't waste time staring at the puter like with most games.. it's a 5 min visit every few hours or whatever and can go on for ages.

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Hi everyone
                Just checking in, back from the school runs and having a lovely cup of coffee.
                Feeling an awful lot better now after a good nights sleep and no big pressure day today, just tidying up and looking after the kids so can take things easy today which is just what I need. Didn't even notice the date!
                Hope all are well, I like the idea of the diary and the tracking progress thing. Might give it a go.
                Off to feed the rabbits, I've even been neglecting them lately too, they are both male and I was supposed to organise to get them neutured but didn't and now lets just say brokeback mountain isn't in it, they don't seem to be aggressive but the receiver doesn't seem too impressed, may have to seperate them until I can organise to get the job done next week

Enough rambling, I'm off till later, love to all
                xx
                There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

That is a great post Cy...something I could certainly benefit from doing.
                  Do you really have to do that EVERY day?
                  No wonder you dont have time to walk.
                  Oh well, you will just have to eat my dust on the day I guess....
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Hiya Bandy!
                    Me too, brokeback bunny!
                    Glad you are feeling brighter, there really is nowt worse is there?

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Cym.. I would like to say something honest here about myself and I do not wish to detract from your post, how well you are doing, your situation, commitment or anything like that. For you seem to be doing perfectly well and this is a comment or reflection directed at myself really.. so not relevant to your post except that it has brought up my own stuff when I read it.

Something I have struggled with in my life is being too apologetic all the time. A photo they took of me for work recently showed me just how intense that attitude is. I've realisesd that even before I meet a new person I go through apologies in my own head for who I am. I am trying desperately to change that about myself.

Now, after reading your post I realise why I struggled with the darn 12 steps so much. It would require me to be even more apologetic than I already am!! (So glad you helped me clear that up.)

)

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Ficks, that is the beauty of being here. It really can teach us who we are and what we need and want from life. I bet that was quite a revelation to you?

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Yawn! G'morning troops. How goes it?
                          sigpic
                          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Morning Rubes!
                            All goes well here I think

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Yes so true Starty, just wish I could be here more often!
                              Have to go just now due to kids etc...
                              Hope to catch up some more in the next 48 hrs.
                              Lots love to you all and thanks so much for being here!
                              Hugs
                              Fickle

Comment

Army Thread 13 March 09

Hi One & Starts,
                                I know, it's not funny, they are at it all the time now and it's the nice little quiet one that's doing all the humping, I thought it was the other way round, looks can be deceptive.

I do feel a lot better and god knows I have said this before but I really do not want to drink anymore, i think it is almost a year to the day that I first joined here and after a year on the merry go around I want to get off. Last year I was worried about paddys day/weekends/holidays etc. etc, , now I just just don't care what day or occassioin it is, I just want to get better. I am trying not to take on any work for the next few weeks just to give me a chance to kick start this

See you all later
                                xx
                                There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                                X