Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would pay you anything

To make this damn thing work.
    I dont drink. I quit smoking. In some way i feel my life as not fullfiling as it should be without AL. When i was drinking my artistic side was coming into affect, i could read, listen to the music with much more understanding. I feel so plain now. Anybody has similar experience?
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

I would pay you anything

Go to you tube and listen to the teachings of Abraham Hicks...they are FREE and can help you retrain your thoughts !!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I would pay you anything

I will Evie Swedish princess, btw how is Gustav going?
      We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

I would pay you anything

I agree with Evie! I remember going through a "joyless / emotionless" phase during my post alcohol recovery process. It eventually pasted. Invest in yourself! You are worth it! It will come back. Love, Best
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I would pay you anything

network;571000 wrote: I will Evie Swedish princess, btw how is Gustav going?
          Gustav is on holiday cruise to the Bahamas ...Will tell him that you asked about him on his return.
          Hoping he will bring me back a painted coconut...or something else island like ....LOL
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I would pay you anything

Hey Net. I couldn't imagine creating music sober, or having the same feelings, or depth of feeling for my music. And i didn't for a little while. I mean, it was there in me, cause it IS me, and i cannot escape the creative side. It was hidden though, for some reason. I don't know why, or how, but as soon as i started to relax and enjoy my af state, my creative gates opened up again, and my music and playing is sharper, wilder, deeper, more soulful than ever. Because, it was always there. It just got a bit lost during the all consuming battle with al, in those early weeks/ months. Sounds like you are facing a hill, or mountain, and you just have to get to the other side? All the best, and good to see you..........G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I would pay you anything

Net,
              For me, it took about 6 months to get back to being right side up. But, I was a way heavy drinker. Now, over a year since I wuuit, I am much more in tune with me than ever! And life seems so much brigher, less fearful, than before.
              Patience, it will turn in time.
              BHOG
              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

I would pay you anything

It does take a few months until you really learn to appreciate and live life without AL.

Patience is one of the hardest parts. We all expect miracles when as soon as we sober up....

Take vitamins and supplements. Get some exercise to boost endorphines and try to get some sunlight on your face. These things will make you feel good.

Other than being addicted to Al; a habit was formed. It didn't happen over night and neither is going to feel 'high' on life being sober.

Hang in there. It gets better and better!

Comment

I would pay you anything

i use to think the same but the world has open up new doors .. open one.. try it and you will see whats right in front of you .. your artist person can comeout anytime .. dont think small look at the bigger picture
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I would pay you anything

Hi Network, I know what you mean...but I've learnt that as al is a suppressant & makes you numb it also numbs all the good/creative feelings as well. Maybe try something new - have you tried exercise?? There's some beautiful walks/runs around the harbour...you could set yourself a goal, start by walking for 5kms and build it up to a 10km run. Just an idea...

Comment

I would pay you anything

Hang in there Network! It will take a while!!!
                      If you want something bad enough - you can achieve it!

Comment

I would pay you anything

Absolutely I know what you are talking about. When I go 4-5 days AF then I start getting that "dull" feeling. I guess what I do is "shake it up" a bit with drinking. I've been this way for so long, its so hard to change. I do believe that like someone on here said, it gets better with time. Im yet to find that out.
                        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

I would pay you anything

Wow, just read Accountable For Me's advice. Wow, great advice!!!! Thanks for posting that!
                          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

I would pay you anything

network I've dug out a thread that I remember from a while back when this creative/artistic type question was asked back then. Hope it help in some way.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...use-10837.html

I AM a musician myself. I am a classically trained pianist and have worked in a recording studio as a sound engineer (which I am trained in). I believe certain substances have enhanced my appreciation in the past even further than the norm but those doors are well and truly open. I don't need to keep feeding my head to keep them open. Just my opinion though.

Love and Happiness
                            Hippie
                            xx
                            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I would pay you anything

Hi Net. I am also going through a similar "phase". I feel so boring. And bored. I guess I'm trying to find my "old" self, who ever that was.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X