The Next Day thread Saturday 14th march

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woke up to the sound of steady, soaking rain on the tin roof. Woo-hoo. So all's well here in the bush today.

Comment

More than happy to have sent it on down to you Tawns.
      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
      AF May 23 09 to July 09
      AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Morning all!!

My god, this thread got long yesterday! I dont have that much time to read and post, so I sort of tuned out around about p.7 when I caught up with it at the end of the day .......!!

Pan - so glad that the sun is back out and that Hamish spared you. My workshop over the last couple of days included some people from Victoria, including several who had been directly affected by the fires (and one who had lost his house). It was pretty gut wrenching to hear about their experience.

Grey down here today ..... have been for my morning swim but skipped cycle squad ... in fact have decided to skip it permanently in favour of recreational cycling instead! A bit sick of pushing myself!!

It was a really busy week, and next week will be the same. But a good one - one of my 2009 resolutions was getting mt shit together as regard to health (as in: Get thee to a GP!!) and I know now that I dont have either breast or cervical cancer, and have also had a barrage of blood tests all of which came back normal! I am especially relieved about the liver function one for obvious reasons!

Lots of other great stuff happened as well and it was fabulous to end the week feeling really grateful for the life I have. A huge turnaround from 3 months ago .....

have a good week all!!
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning All,

Sky is blue, sun is out..... what a nice day! My little chicken is feeling better and eskimo did not have a single drink last night! One day at a time! Glad you're feeling better today too Angel! Rug rats are fighting over the couch... better go spearate the little critters.

Have a great day all!

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

Eskimo, I want to apolgize to you for making you feel I was telling you how to run your program the other day. That was not my intention, but I'm sure it sounded that way. We all DO have to find what works, I was just saying we see SO many who come only to find an easy way to drink normally, and there's not one. You're doing a great job, and I'm the last person to criticize what works for you. Only you could hope things work for you more than I do, 'cause I'm ABSOLUTELY no expert or genius. Please, accept my apologies, and know I'm wishing you success in every way.
            Rubes
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Morning all! Raining here in Melbourne at the moment, and looks like it will for awhile. Quite cool, and grey skies are in the house. Yay! Our water resources are of course, even more depleted from the bushfires, so the sound, smell, and feel of rain is great.
              Be well everyone..............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning all
                What an amazing morning it has been here - mist everywhere which was very impressive. Angel did you see two little heads in the harbour early this morning - that would have been me and my doggie having an early morning swim!
                Am off to climb a mountain this avo staying over night in a hut half way up (the Pinaccles in coromandel). Last time I climbed a mountain I brought a 4 litre cask of wine in my back pack for the overnight stay in the hut. I just thought that was what everyone did!
                Hope you all have a great day.
                BH

Comment

That's wonderful, G! Nothing like the sounds and smell of rain after the type tragedies ya'll have had. I've followed on the news, but can't imagine. We're going into another drought summer here to. Have a great day. I'm still trying to leave! LMAO!
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks for the apologies Ruby. Whole heartedly accepted:l after all we can all use as many friend as we can get right? Hope you have a great day. And BH I bet you'll find it easier to climb that mountain minus the extra weigth! Not to mention that coming back down will be so much easier without the hangover! Wish I could go with you - that sounds awsome!

Off to take the kids for morning tea at the bakery - YUM!

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks, E. I'm the least bossy person you'll meet unless I'm riled, then just shoot me! LOL You have such a positive outlook, and sense of humor, you are on your way!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, especially Victorians - it's come to my notice that US singer/songwriter 'Pink' (Alecia Moore) has personally donated $250,000 to the Vic. Bushfire appeal. The generosity of this young American woman astounds me.

Comment

Pink is the best! If any of you have exercise music her song "So What!" is great for reving up the spirits! She's one spunky young lady! And now just even more so!

Comment

Am happy to post my list of work out music if anyone wants it - it's very acclectic - even some Shania Twain for you Rubes!!

Comment

Sigh.........I am so jealous of all you Zealanders and Aussies. It's been below zero here for 4 1/2 consecutive months. Couldn't you gals find me a nice sheep farmer who would take me in? I'll do just about anything so I don't have to look at icicles anymore........LOL.
                              Lori
                              *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Lori - pray tell ... what's an icicle? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X