Sitting Around = We like to Drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mentioned in an eariler thread that my fiance and I are both trying to be AF, or at least get control. I was scared that we would keep enabling each other and eventually we would either lose our relationship, or lose one of us...

I had been thinking about it so much i wrote him an email today telling him all of this. To my suprise, he was in complete agreement. He told me that we sit around a lot and that being bored causes us to drink...a lot. He has already made plans for us to start getting out and doing different things together to avoid AL as a way to fill the time. I think this will also help us to become closer as well.

I do have my worries that one of us will sneak...as we both have in the past, but tonight I asked him to sit down with me and really figure out a way to get SOBER!

This weekend we have decided to allow ourselves to partake in some St.Patty's Day fun, but when it's over...IT"S OVER.

So I guess, that's the plan for now. I'll keep you posted.
    sigpic

Down to earth ... this sounds like the start of a really good plan!! Explore, experiment, try out things that you may or may not continue with ...... and your relationship will become so much stronger if you do this together!!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

sounds like a good plan just do your best...you will get what you both want .. stay strong and think positive
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Way to go, D2E! It's that open communication that will make it work. Try not to have TOO much fun! LOL
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

You are lucky to have a partner to help you. You can support each other, and be accountable to one another. Just dont let each other forget why you are doing this. Be sure to be strong.
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X