Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official New York City Meetup Journal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well- it is finally here! Pansy, Happy Camper, Becca, Gina, and I are gathering in NYC this weekend for the first MWO meetup. We are planning many fun activities, including dinners at South Street Seaport and Little Italy, and visits to Times Square and Soho (shopping). We are also going on a harbor cruise on Saturday night. I have a laptop with Wi-Fi, so I will try to update this journal as the weekend progresses. (I am posting this thread on my laptop at Starbucks!) We will also try to log on to chat during our dinners. I wish that you could all be with us in the Big Apple. Hopefully this will be just the first of many similar gatherings with our many friends in MWO!

NY

Have a fabulous time! At least it cooled off a tad. Wish I could be with you guys. I'm there in spirit! (And, its no tax week so shopping will be great!)

Comment

Have a Wonderful Time

We are all there with you in spirit! Post lots of pictures and have a great week-end!

Trish
      Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
      Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
      Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
      : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
      "

Comment

In Spirit!!!

I'll be with you in spirit, as well! I'm sure that many of us will be waiting for your posts! Have a great time, all!!
        Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Have a great weekend in the Big Apple! I wish I could be with you all! Please do keep us posted. Will be thinking of you all. With love, Boo Boo

Comment

Have a great time

I am jealous. Maybe next year. Or, maybe those of us in the Western US can plan a meeting. Maybe Vegas - that would be a real test of our fortitude.

Have a great time, and keep us posted.

Barb

Comment

Don't do anything I woudn't do! Guess that leaves your agenda pretty wide open!! Have FUN!!:h :l , Judie
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Don't do anything I woudn't do! Guess that leaves your agenda pretty wide open!! Have FUN!!:h :l , Judie
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wish I could join ya. Have fun and bring us all gifts. gabby
                  Gabby :flower:

Comment

Yes - GIFTS ... tasteful but verrrry expensive gifts. Have a ball, y'all
                    Tawny

Comment

Sounds brilliant....You should take some cleverly shot anon pictures...For us....stuck at home....doing nothing....

Only Joking have a great time..
                      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

You guys are making history, the very first MWO meeting! Have fun, and hopefully you are setting a trend that will catch on across the country.
                        Meow-Meow
                        MonaKitty

Comment

Had planned to be there but have been overcome by events (sigh, work and chores do me in again). Have fun and wishing you great weather! Finally a break in the heat!

Enjoy, enjoy you trendsetters!

Gloria

Comment

We had a wonderful first day in New York City! We first met for brunch in Gramercy Park. We went shopping in Soho after that. We also went to Ground Zero (World Trade Center), Wall Street, and then to South St Seaport for dinner. We had dinner at Cabana, a great Latin place at the Seaport. After dinner, we got on a tour boat which brought us near the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and many other interesting places. I have to be the luckiest guy in NYC, because my companions- Becca, Pansy, Happy Camper, and Gina- are all pretty and charming women! Tonight we are going to Little Italy for dinner, and I hear that Brandy will be joining us. I'll give everyone an update of our adventures today!

Comment

Sounds Wonderful!

Sounds like a wonderful day! Hope you can post your "vacation" pictures somewhere - finally some vacation pictures we'd love to see!
                              Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
                              Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
                              Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
                              : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X