Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 14th March

Very cool Cy
    I have meditation readings for mornings and bedtime. Most importantly, I am on my knees every morning, not to pray to the porcelain God, but to the God of my understanding. I have never been to an AA brekkie meeting. This should be interesting.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

I really like the sound of AA....
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Seacailin;571767 wrote: Hi Starts
        Yes, I like her very much. She is introducing me to lots of lovely women, who have been very kind, and freely giving of their telephone numbers.
        Morning all..
        Jeez Sea, that is another reason why I am such a fraidy cat when it comes to AA!! :H

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Why Ficks? Meeting new people?

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Im not sure if my sponser is sponsering anyone else at the mo starts. He doesnt talk about it and doesnt want people to know he is sponsering me at the mo. I think he may be sponsering a few, but he doesnt want to come across as ''look how many people im sponsering'' He said its not to stroke ego etc, its being done to help others, carry the message where possible and maintain his own sobriety by working with others.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

We have 100 meetings a week right in the next City. More that that within a few miles of me. We had a Sober Bowling night recently, but I missed it. We have a Spring Fling party coming up soon. They try to make sobriety fun. We have 2 camping trips a year. Those are really cool. Lots of live music.

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Oh, me too sea. Exactly the same. As my sponser said, how many times have you been on your knees, bing sick, shouting and hoping for someone or something to stop the madness?
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Hey Starty.. all.. I've been to a few meetings many years ago.
                  I was inspired by the speakers mostly... freaked out by a few as they had done truly terrible things..
                  But I guess in general I am trying to lead a 'normal life' and bring up my kids so putting myself in a situation where anyone might point a finger at me and say "she is a &%$#@" is not a good thing.
                  I have 2 ex-hubby's who want my blood and I've been battling for years to maintain a stable home.

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Sponsors often have more than one sponsee, but should not take on too many. That really is too bad Fickle. I could not do this without AA. I am a Nurse and sometimes I run into former patients and that can be uncomfortable, but for me uncomfortable is better than dead, and without these folks, I am gonna die.
                    On that happy note, I must get ready. They will not hold off the meeting for Moi.lol
                    I will check in in a few hours. Have a great morning/night guys.

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

I worry about that too Ficks, the finger pointing...
                      I have admitted my drug problem once and it has backfired on me time and time again over the years. I am very wary of anything other than online admissions

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Ok Sea, lots love & thanks

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Have a good one Sea!

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Yep.. I had a tricky family where the finger pointing started very early.. so I attract punishers.
                            Love our secret little world here.

I do actually have a plan! Have quit the painkillers and am buying a treadmill so I can exercise without all the jolting involved in walking the dogs. Kids have taken on that task which I miss, but hell. I am getting FAT!!

So once I do my sums & figure out how to afford this darn treadmill I'm on it. Exercise was my one and only release from hell in the past so I really neeeeeeeeeeeeed it like anything.

Think I'll stick with the program if I can get exercise again at last!

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Thanks guys
                              There are lots of folks who feel like you do. I will ask my sponsor if she has any suggestions. See you soon:l

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Thanks Sea, have a great time.

Ficks, you quit them????????
                                How was it? How are you doing now???
                                Well done girlie , I am most impressed.

I know what you mean about the exercise, I am desperately trying to make that my new addiction :-)
                                Can you not buy the treadmill by installments?

Comment

Working...
                                X