Army Thread 14th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 14th March

Thank goodness Friday the 13th is out the way...
    I am going to get back on board with my training schedule today. While I was ill, I lost a bit of weight and feel better for that, but I want to lose a tad more and know that I can control it. I hate being out of control. From an alike, that sounds daft really doesnt it

I am going out tonight with a friend to a local pub, not one of my favourite activities really but one that cant be avoided forever. I hope I am in a chatty mood so it doesnt feel too strange not drinking. I know I wont drink, but I want to be comfortable too.

Anyway, I should still be asleep now, no idea why I'm not, but will try and get my head down again later.

See ya in a while lazy lot
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 14th March

hiya starty!

heyyyy, I am not lazy :H

Good for you for wanting to get into shape. I know I could stand to lose 40 lbs off my ass!

I haven't gone out in a drinking environment since being AF. Not sure how I would do.
    Good for you, knowing you won't drink!
    You are one strong lady!
    I can understand the wanting to be comfortable, for sure.
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Hi Keeta!
      What time is it for you? Its 5.15am here?

I am not the greatest social butterfly but I have been out a few times, and I guess I feel pressure to make small talk which is easier when I have had a few!
      I suspect it all boils down to the company. When I was with Oney and Limers, I had no problem with chatting until the early hours. That simply doesnt happen for me usually. I am always wanting to leave anything early...
      I need to get fit for this mini marathon in June. Plus I am trying to get another addiction going, and am hoping it will be exercise. I NEED a vice !!!

How are you doing? Is your daughter better?

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

10:24 pm, still Friday night here, starts.
        I won't be up too much longer, as I have to open shop tomorrow morning! blach :H

I can totally relate to not being a social butterfly!
        When alcohol was fun for me, it definately made me more open to socializing. As the final stages of my alcoholism took hold (last two years, I guess), I became a recluse, and a very unhappy, melancoly drunk! NOT FUN.

I am glad you three connected. You probablt felt extra chatty with them, because the judgement of c haracter flaws that are normal in the real worl, seem to not apply between friends here.
        We understand eachother.
        We are all suffer addiction.
        We care about eachother!!

:H Well, if you HAVE to have a vice, excercise is probably a good one!

I honestly need to get more proactive about living a healthier lifestyle too....quitting drinking was just a very very important step 1!

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

me, I am well enough.
          tired, and a tad stressed out, but hanging in.

My daughter had her first day back to school today.
          Now they are on Spring break, so off all next week. :H
          Oh well, she made it for one day!

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Its strange isnt it? How the one thing that got us out and about, also made us prisoner.
            I am so glad its out of my life now. I am much happier with myself sober.

You are doing great on the drinking front Keets, I cannot imagine how hard it must have been to go through what you have and not have a drink. You have done so well.

I am glad your daughter is well again, those bugs are so debilitating ...for all concerned!

I think I am going to see if I can get another hour in the pit.
            Sleep well, see you tomorrow ...

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

sleep well starts.

and thanks. I am working very hard at the AF thing. Sometimes it is still so hard. I pray for release from it. From thinking about it, wanting it.

See you again in my tomorrow.
              Enjoy your sleep!:l

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

MORNING EVERYBODY,JUST A QIUCK HELLO,I AM OF SWIMMING NOW,& I FEEL GREAT,60 DAYS A/F,NEVER THOUGHT I BE HERE,I KNOW ITS STILL ALL UPHILL BUT I AM GETTING THEREANYWAY HAVE TO GO CHK IN LATER & THANKS. old Irish proverb: you will never plough a feild if you only turn it over in your mind.:thanks:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Hi Mario!
                  Thats a great proverb, well worth remembering!
                  I will go and walk the dogs now instead of thinking about it!!!
                  Great going on day 60, you are doing fantastically!

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Good Morning Army
                    Tossed and turned all night, now up for the day at 4:15am. I have to meet my sponsor for a 6:30am meeting, and after that, a breakfast meeting. I'm telling you, the woman is KILLING me!! I went to a meeting with her last night and she took me out to dinner. She really is a sweetie and is just trying to save my life. She will lighten up on me on Monday. Anybody out there?
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

I am here Seabers. Your sponser sounds brill! Do you like her?

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Hi Starts
                        Yes, I like her very much. She is introducing me to lots of lovely women, who have been very kind, and freely giving of their telephone numbers.
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Morning starts and sea.
                          I started my morning and evening meditation yesterday sea. Sponser gave me a cd to follow.
                          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

I cannot believe there is a meeting at 6.30am! I dont think we would have anything like that around here. And if I had to do 90 meetings in 90 days I would probably have to travel miles!

Comment

Army Thread 14th March

Sponsers seem incredibly generous? Do they usually have more than one person to sponsor?

Comment

Working...
                              X