i have made huge mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have made huge mistake

We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

i have made huge mistake

What's up, Nettie?

Comment

i have made huge mistake

Comment

i have made huge mistake

You know TawnyFrog i wrote huge reply and i deleted it. I think its better this way

Comment

i have made huge mistake

OK. I did read your reply and that's ok. The old alcoholic remorse is a bugger.

It's early still - can you do loads of water and start again tomorrow? Take care.

Comment

i have made huge mistake

Hey Network, don't stop trying...we're here for you mate.

Comment

i have made huge mistake

Net,
              please don't let shame keep you from asking for help or support.
              I didn't get to read either of your posts before you deleted them, but am assuming from Tawny's reply, that you might have drank?

Are you trying to mod, or abstain, I am sorry, I can't recall??

If you did drink during an attempt at remaining AF, don't beat yourself up. Nothing good will come from that.
              Firstly, stop drinking.
              Secondly, re-hydrate, and flush out your system with loads of water.

Whether going AF or moderating, 30 days AF is recommended. That can seem huge, so it is easier to look at, just ODAT (one day at a time). Or, break it down to one hour at a time. I can honestly say, during my worst days, I have stayed AF one MINUTE at a time.
              Whatever it takes.

You can do this Net!
              Please don't give up on yourself.
              You are worth it!
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

i have made huge mistake

IF YOU MADE A MISTAKE,THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER CHANCE FOR YOU, YOU MAY HAVE A FRESH START ANY MOMENT YOU CHOOSE,FOR THIS THING WE CALL FAILURE IS NOT FALLING DOWN , ITS STAYING DOWN:thumbs:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

i have made huge mistake

Hi Nettie,
                  I am guessing you drank again?
                  The others are right, dont give up trying or asking for help when you need it?
                  I had a feeling the other day you werent too happy with AF life.
                  In all honesty, I dont think you are giving it a fair trial. You are not giving yourself enough time to find the real you. That takes time and patience Nettie, it really does. I am just over 8 months sober. I am only just beginning to discover myself. My likes, my dislikes, what I will put up with , what I wont, all sorts of things and its amazing Nettie. But it didnt come immediately.
                  Dont give up trying or asking for help. You are worth it Nettie.
                  We are all here for you OK?
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

i have made huge mistake

My own experience with alcohol and periods of sobriety in the past is that even though I was not drinking, I was still fighting the mental obsession of drinking. Being alc free was a struggle, rather than an enjoyment. The mental obsession and struggle with that mental obsession was what drove me back to drink again and again, even after lenghty periods of sobriety. I was and am still an alcoholic, and when I was not drinking, my obsession was getting worse, festering inside me, so when I did go back to the bottle, it ineviatly ended up as bad or worse than the last binge. Getting help in that has been a huge step in maintaining a happy period of sobriety. As I said, this is not my opinion, but my experience.
                    I wish you all the best.
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

i have made huge mistake

Hey Netster,
                      Adding my 2 cents worth here also.. Am wishing you well and hoping you do well. Falling down is always part of learning OK! Getting back up is VITAL!! Believe me I do it a lot.
                      Take the advice and get into heaps of water and FOOD!!!
                      Icecream and yes.. it is a bit of a wobbly road my friend.
                      I was going to pm you once about a helpful number.. as you were finding it hard to get a decent doc. Did you ever find one? It helps. I am still looking!! If you think this number might be helpful as their job is to give us resources, pm me and maybe I'll ring them again myself too.
                      Don't know much about you really except that you're really struggling.
                      Hang in there buddy!!

Comment

i have made huge mistake

hi net,life is not drinking,but our kind , seem to make it that way,life without it,is just as insane as with it,many good comments,you've heard them b4 ,you no the path you have to go,its just learning how to teach your system ,its mind,over matter,theres a rite way,and theres a wrong way,is there an in between,for some i suppose,i do wish you well,hang in there network, gyco

Comment

i have made huge mistake

Nettie, No new wisdom here. Just want you to know that I'm thinking about you... Did it a million times, it seems. Just be kind to yourself. Take care of you, as you would a cherished loved one, who needs tenderness. Sending comfort and support. Love, Best
                          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

i have made huge mistake

Nettie....recovery is a journey and there are often pot holes and detours along the way. There sure where many of those for me .... I just keep on keeping on and finally the road got smoother...It can be that way for you.
                            You won't fail as long as you keep on trying....Here...reach out your hand and let me help you back up !!!!
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X