Upset and ashamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upset and ashamed

Hi I'm back after a long absence but no 'abstinence'! Not funny. Hungover and ashamed of myself today. I need to take action and stop drinking. Where is the Tool Box post? Can't locate it on search? Love to all here. We all have one thing in common (apart from the demon drink). It's the fact that we understand one another.
    I'm not going to drink tonight. I will deal with tomorrow when it comes.
    Ann

Upset and ashamed

Hi Ann,
    Welcome Back! I am new since you joined in 2006. Please stick with us this time....I'm sure you'll find the support you need to make it work. Hopefully someone will bump up the toolbox for you...I am terrible at finding threads and posts. I look forward to your future posts and getting to know you better. I don't know if your goal is to MOD or go AF but for me going AF I have found a great deal of strong support and I have now been over 7 months without alcohol. I am a far happier person and hope is back in my life!! Best to you, Ann. Kriger
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Upset and ashamed

Hey Ann, the tool box is in the monthly abstinence section, top of the page. Hope it helps and all the best.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Upset and ashamed

well there no reason to beat yourself up over spill milk.. move on and learn from everything you do and say today .. stay strong and keep thinking positive
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Upset and ashamed

Ann, I am always available by PM....don't ever hesitate to contact me if you just need to talk. Krigs
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Upset and ashamed

the tool box thread is under the monthly abstinance section. it is the first thread there (i think)

don't get too down on yourself...we've all been there and know how you are feeling...

yesterday i read the diet 101 about alcoholics and it seemed to make a lot of sense...that we won't change our drinking until we can put our body back in balance...it is a lot of reading but in short it says that our bodies need alcohol to make stuff to replace what we have depleted it with by drinking so much and that we will never be truly better without putting all that back in balance even it you quit drinking...it is a lot of stuff to remember but was a good read if you are looking for something to do today

just remember...this too shall pass and it is what is in the future that you need to do something about

Dove

Comment

Upset and ashamed

Tx!

Phew, thanks for the speedy replies and good advice. I'll go find the toolbox and read the diet. I do believe that alcohol addiction has a lot to do with metabolism and it's a very physical addiction.
              Thanks again:thanks:
              Ann

Comment

Upset and ashamed

Welcome back Ann! Sounds like you have a plan! Stay strong!
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Upset and ashamed

Ann,

Just wanted to say, glad you're back with us! Sending support your way!
                  "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Upset and ashamed

Welcome back, Ann. Here's a direct link to the toolbox...

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Thinking of you!
                    Be
                    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Upset and ashamed

Tx

Got the toolbox, tx! Cooking up some quinoa as well. Thanks again to each person who took the time to send me some encouragement today, much appreciated and really helpful!
                      Ann

Comment

Upset and ashamed

Great, Ann! I love your avatar, so cute! LOL!

Be
                        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Upset and ashamed

Welcome back, Ann!

The toolbox thread has a load of helpful information. Stick around and get the support you need!

All the best!

Comment

Upset and ashamed

DAy 2 for me, here I go. I think I can manage it. Travelling for work today, cozy hotel room always conjures the smell and taste of a red wine. I'm going to go one bit of the day at a time, keep well fed and well hyrdrated. Take Kudzu and L-Glut.
                            Being able to eat brerakfast is a good start. Yesterday's posts on this thread were so helpful. Ann...x
                            Ann

Comment

Upset and ashamed

One day at a time Ann......
                              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                              X