The Next day Thread Monday 16th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK OK there will be no further talk of the P word on this thread (I can hear the sighs of relief from here TF & Pan! LOL) Head to monthly abercisers to talk about such things if we need to...

SB - I'm sorry you're brunch didn't turn out the way you wanted mate...you'd been good all weekend you probably thought you could cut loose a little without it getting outa hand...anyway, maybe the charm can remind you of why it is you don't drink anymore??
    The shopping sounds so good...actually I'm not much of a shopper (hate trying on clothes) but I do like new stuff to wear...

I got in the garden yesterday too, the bok choy is going off & the carrots are starting to sprout & against all good advice I'm giving coriander another whirl...
    Actually I was really tempted to get a bottle of wine yesterday...Mr Cakes was taking the kids to the park for a couple of hours - in the past I wouldv'e sat on the balcony reading the Sunday papers drinking & smoking and thinking to myself 'it's Sunday arvo, there's BBQs going on all over the country and people are drinking...I'm not so strange'..ha, it's a lot more acceptable in my head. But I went to the park and ran into some friends there...was good.

xo

Hi there Angel and all to come.
    Well done on not caving with the wine. Its the changing of habits in those early weeks thats so tough isnt it? We are conditioned to do certain things at certain times and our heads DONT like it when routines change. But the good news is, we can change, just takes a little bit of time and effort thats all.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

You're right Starting, and although I not at my final destination just yet I've come so far...I remember about a year ago I sat outside & started drinking beer at about 2pm on a Sat...I drank all 15 beers in the box before I went to bed that night. I mean, now I can see how absurd that is...at the time I just had no control because I hadn't realised that that's just not normal. Actually, I think that might have been the binge that finally lead me here....

Comment

Hi Angel and Starts and all to come.

BIG sigh of relief. Thanks.

Singapore shopping. Love it and hate it. Love the barter bit and the array of shops. Actually, I do hate shopping, especially for clothes.

Well Betts, the drinks didn't quite turn out like you expected, but at least you're finding this out early in your sober days. I'm not ready to try yet; I've been getting strong needs for a drink. So much so, that I actually have a good look at the bottle shop just up on the corner.

Hope everyone has a good day. The sun is shining again and supposed to be 31 today. A bit warm for this time of the year, but I am not complaining.
        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
        AF May 23 09 to July 09
        AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Angel, that was 15 stubbies or cans right? Not bottles?
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09
          AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Morning All.

Just checking in :wave:

I am up to day four without a drink - wow. It's been about three years since I managed that! I actually feel pretty good. I was really dreading yesterday as I have heard day three is the hardest... I didn't have a single craving yesterday. While I was cooking (which I always did with a glass of wine ont he counter beside me) I open the back fridge looked at the wine and thought I really don't need, or even better, want it! I am waiting for it to jump up and bite me on the bum though... I am thinking sometime in the next few days the craving will return with a vengence. But unlike in the past .... I WILL NOT GIVE IN! Now I need to catch up on yesterday's post as I think I missed something!

Hope you all have a good Monday.

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

Morning Angel, Start,Pan and Esk.

I have been away most of the weekend which is why I haven't log on. Had lunch at the outlaws yesterday. Mother outlaw is a big drinker and talked me into a glass of wine(which really isn't that hard to do) fortunately I only had two glasses then switched to coffee.

Esk well done on four day AF :goodjob:
              I'm hitting the books today to do some study. Have a great day guys.

Crystal

Comment

panicked;572957 wrote: Angel, that was 15 stubbies or cans right? Not bottles?
                yeah, 15 stubbies...ugh...never again.
                Over here a case is only 12 beers...or you can get heineken with 15 in it. And the booze is cheap, and you can by it at the supermarket...

Comment

Eskimo - go you on day 4...woohoo. A glass of wine while cooking was where it always starts with me also...get some tools ready for when the cravings do hit. I drink soda water with a squeeze of lemon instead now. And I don't make risotto anymore as there's so much standing there stirring, I would always do with a glass of wine, a splash in the dish & the rest of the bottle for me. One day I'll have risotto again...

Crystal - My MIL - we'll call her Grandma Cakes - arrives on Wed. We used to drink together but she only has about 2 beers now. It's funny how the men we choose/chose us had drinking Mums huh?? Anyway, I looove Grandma Cakes & can't wait to spend some (sober) time with her.

Comment

I stupidly had a drink yesterday and now am suffering with a hangover. I haven't been to the gym since last thursday. I normally do body attack today but I don't think I have the energy to even climb the stairs. One kid at home, one at school and my husband is off work today. I hate been hungover.

Congrats on Day 4 Esk.

Comment

Ezz - sorry 'bout that mate. You know the drill - water water water - good food, early night & back in the saddle.
                      Do you know what the trigger was??

Comment

WE had a crap day but that is not really a good enough reason. I still should have said No. Lesson learnt and we have already made plans for the next few weekends so that we can't drink.

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes! Just got back from another 80 minute walk - man my legs are sore! I've been working on the tools Angel and I had to laugh when you said you don't make risotto anymore. The day I fell off the wagon last week... guess what was for tea... yep Risotto! From now on will sip iced tea instead. I have six litters int he fridge at the ready (the light version I might add). Light peach iced tea is AWSOME!

Ezz - good on you for taking charge even after you hiccup - making future plans is a great way to do it! Good for you!

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

Morning all. Am with Ezz and desperately Hung Over. My Brunch was going well until I decided I had tohave a Port to go with the lovely cheese I was eating, and then it was all downhill from there. Can't remember getting home. I'm alcohol free again, and once I can move my head again am on the healthy eating and exercise wagon. Is lovely ro get back to MWO world again, I missed you all!

Later

Bxx
                            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Anyone used Charcoal tablets before? I just got some, they are supposed to help relieve bloating, which I always get after having a drink. Scary looking things but I really hope that they work.

Sorry to hear that you are also hungover Betty. Dont' the hangovers feel worse when you've had AF time.

Comment

Working...
                              X