day one, a decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day one, a decision

Today I have made the decision to get help for my addictions, have made an apt with a speacilist for tomorrow.Am scared to death, it will be like losing a best friend or rather worst friend.Have lost a marriage friends, and now my sons have said no more I hope a pill will help, but I guess it will be more about will power, of which I have always been very lacking in. An artist who normally paints pissed, will be interesting to see how I paint sober. Please I want to be sober, and would love to be able to still enjoy a drink now and then. Dont really think that is likely , Has any one been able to?

day one, a decision

nutty name.. my poodle is eating nuts right now. and i need some time out. ..

AF.. artyfarty .. do you 'want 2 stop' oar, are you just trying out the forum?

I need your HELP, so i can have some fun gettin to know YOU.

So, you like art, oar fart duel with art, I'm kinda a reader of sorts, your fishing for ideas?

I Am Ripples.. :welcome:

Comment

day one, a decision

I am an artist too....starting over, PM me. We should share stories.

:lAk
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

day one, a decision

i'm an artist, though i haven't done much lately...i used to think i couldn't be creative without al or drugs, and i was right...just kidding...i work differently now...i'm more deliberate (i work with glass and torches fueled with propane, so this is a good thing), and more thoughtful...think of it as a new period in your evolution as an artist.

anyway, welcome to the world of sober people...we are kooky folks, so don't be shy.

peace!

ps, i'm totally sober...i can't have a few drinks or even just one...it just makes me mad and makes me want to drink more, so none is easier on my brain.

Comment

day one, a decision

Artist here as well. I thought I would never be able to create anything good sober, I was so inventive when pissed. Guess what? I can create sober. The ideas actually come together better.

I nearly lost my marriage and have been sober ever since. I would like to have a drink one day to see if I can, but for now I am staying alcohol free (AF). I didn't take any pills, just willpower and the help of folks on MWO.

My advice? Take it one day at a time and keep alcohol out of the house.
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09
          AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

day one, a decision

For me the moto 'Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic' rings true. I quit for nearly 5 years, yet once that first drink passed my lips, I was right back to where I started. For some it is possible to mod, I think it all depends if you are a heavy drinker or an alcoholic. Once you have crossed that line, for me in my experience there is no choice anymore.
            I wish you all the best, and you are making a great start.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

day one, a decision

Hello,

I am a wanna be full time artist. I can't say I've ever tried painting while using AL but I have wondered abt. it, though for me I would never try it (I'm messy enough sober).

I have to admit I was procrastinating with my paints for awhile and then one day I threaded something in here and the next thing I knew I was priming canvases.

Wouldn't it be better to create your artwork sober? That way your art is truly You as opposed to a distorted version of you. Just a thought.

Happy creations everyone . . .

Comment

Working...
              X