Hi Folks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Folks!

I just popped in to see how things are going. I don't get here often but it's always nice to catch up. I'm still on the Antabuse and it's been great. I haven't had a drink for ten weeks now and things are falling into place nicely. I have an appointment with my alcohol counsellor next week and I'm thinking of maybe coming off the meds and trying it solo. They have been a great help and I find that I barely think about drinking or not drinking. Already, sober seems to be the way I am. I never pass the booze shop and wish I had some, which would have been inconceivable not too long ago. My body is delighted that I'm not poisoning it any more. I look after it with some excercise and it's lost most of the aches and pains that I used to have and I can almost grate cheese on my stomach.
    Another change I've made is to throw out my TV. I found myself wanting to do things in the evenings and ended up just staring at the boob tube and wasting my nights, so I literally threw it in the bin last week. It wouldn't fit so I had some fun stripping it down into more managable portions. I have a digital radio and lots of books to keep me going and I want to see a movie then I'll go and see it.
    Generally I'm doing good, but as always there are some problem areas that I'm trying to improve but that's what life's all about. I have perceived myself as a weak person. Someone with no say about anything including what happens to me. A victim of life. Things aren't always cosy and neat and it's sometimes hard to lift my head up and look the world in the eye. In the old days, I might have just curled up in a bottle and took whatever was coming and apologised for being in the way. I don't want to do that any more. I am taking responsibility for myself and trying to lead my life with some purpose and direction, not just drifting along in a daze and seeing where I end up.

I hope I haven't bored anyone to death. That went on a bit longer than I meant it to.

Happy Monday!!

Hi Folks!

Great to hear from you Pops, sounds like your doing great. And your right, life is to bloody short , im feeling similar to you these days, I want to challenge myself and surprise myself and live properly, become the person Im supposed to be and stop drowing my creativity in bloody feckin booze. Its a lazy way to live your life. Well bloody done Pops...im proud of ya!

Comment

Hi Folks!

Glad your doing well Popeye. Good hearing from you.........Don't be a stranger, IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Folks!

Hi Popeye!
        I know what you mean about our self perception being totally off. I am working on mine right now. Its a revelation.
        Its lovely to hear from you and that you are doing so well.
        Keep up the good work!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Folks!

Not boring atall Pops !!
          I love when you said, " I might have just curled up in a bottle and took whatever was coming and apologised for being in the way "
          Wow that's powerful !!!
          I love how you sound and congratulations of finding the new "spinach muncher within"
          xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Hi Folks!

I'm so happy for you, Popeye! I agree, one of the worst things about alcoholism is the way we settle into a kind of passive mode of functioning. We actually forget that we get to decide about a lot of the things (like DRINKING) that affect our lives!

And congratulations about the TV! I used to have a bumper sticker on my car that said: "Kill Your TV"!

Comment

Hi Folks!

Thanks for sharing your progress, I'm so happy you are doing so well. Isn't sober great!!
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi Folks!

Hi ya Pops
                Great to hear from you. You sound great. I can so relate to the whole "victim" of the world perception. We do not have to be that anymore. Like IAD said: "Don't be a stranger"
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi Folks!

Wow Seacailin,,,,,,,,,,you look so different......Have you been working out or something !?! Ha! IAD.
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Folks!

Pops,

You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your success! On my tenth week I will do the same, in honor of your achievements.
                    My creed; "Be the friend you seek, the spouse yours deserves and the Parent your children need"

Comment

Hi Folks!

Good to hear from you. Thank-you for checking in with us and letting us know how you are.
                      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Hi Folks!

Yes, thank you for checking in for a visit. It is always nice to see you.
                        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Hi Folks!

So glad to hear that you are doing so well..
                          For me ...life keeps getting better as the AF months add up...I am sure the same will be true for you...God Bless you and I WISH YOU LOVE !!!
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hi Folks!

Great to hear from you pops and even greater to hear your doing well. Glad you happy, and enjoying not drinking. Nothing worse than the feelings of a dry drunk.
                            Take care and keep rocking the sober life!!
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi Folks!

Good to hear your doing well pops. Can relate to a lot of what you've said. Don't think I would of been so drastic with the TV though! Still love watching 'Shameless'!!. But I do understand your mentality and your reasoning!

Love and Happiness
                              Hippie
                              xx
                              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X