Why do we fool ourselves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have certainly come a LONG way, but I still have a long way to go. I no longer drink sun up to sun down and I do get good LONG AF stints in...8 months, 4.5 months, 4 months in...but then the F-it kicks in and I binge for a day or two. I know there are some posts here about this very topic and I can't seem to find them. When the beast comes calling and your mind plays the F-it game...what do you do to fight it away?
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

i put on workout clothes and force myself to do something, anything that will take up time in my brain until the urge passes...and it does pass, remember that!

fu*k it was the reason i couldn't quit until i started to ignore/argue with that voice.

peace!

Comment

You have come a long way and I think you need to realize how much you have helped people and continue to help...this post will help many.
      I had 17yrs. sober and i would call that a long stint. I now have many months but I still realize that I am only 1 drink away from HELL. I have to have a REMINDER that I have a life long life threatening disease.
      Unfortunately or maybe fortunately i have one now.
      My last binge was recorded in pictures that family members took of me ...not even knowing that I had been drinking. I also had called home and left messages on the answering machine that I later listened to and was shocked at my voice. I am keeping these as a reminder for the next time that I even consider picking up a drink. I will never be cured of this disease but i am learning how to keep the tools that I need to live with it NEAR BY...ALWAYS !!!
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

just keep meself busy and read my old posts and turn on kid rock fuck it cd loud .. till i start lmao
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

HA HA...I will try that T...funny...

Comment

Brittzie, are you still taking the Antabuse?

Comment

brittzak;573466 wrote: I have certainly come a LONG way, but I still have a long way to go. I no longer drink sun up to sun down and I do get good LONG AF stints in...8 months, 4.5 months, 4 months in...but then the F-it kicks in and I binge for a day or two. I know there are some posts here about this very topic and I can't seem to find them. When the beast comes calling and your mind plays the F-it game...what do you do to fight it away?
              This is exactly my problem and your AF time is very similar to mine.

- Keep on reminding yourself exactly what you get out of a 2 day binge. I know it is a horror show for me and my family.

- Also, reminding yourself about how far you have come, what you have over come in life, and what you are grateful for; including your sobriety.

These two things are keeping me on the path of sobriety. They will for you too. It isn't worth it honey. You know this. These thoughts will pass. :l

Comment

I need to remember to fight the fight. Somedays the fight is easy...somedays it is not. BUT, it is always worth winning.

Comment

Me too, Brittz. And I have nowhere near that much AF time in. That's why we are all here.

Comment

Working...
                  X