The Next Day Thread Tuesday 17 March 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning to all. Another beautiful day here in paradise.

Angel, where are you? I couldn't believe it - no thread started. I didn't turn on the computer until just now.

Anyway, have a good one. Pan
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Hey Pan,

You beat me by about a second... I was about to start but I refreshed my screen and there it was. Good morning all. God I love Autunm - LOVE IT! There is no better time of the year to be outside! Have done a 3k power walk. Going for a ride on the exercise bike now. Feeling good. Up to day 5 and working up to day 7 - a whole week without AL - unheard of! I think I can... I think I can... I think I can.... I KNOW I CAN!

Hope you all have a good day!

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

LOL Eski - "The Little Engine that Could" !! Great to see you and Pan
      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Hi Eski and Kap

Congratulations on 5 days Eski.

How's it going Kap?
        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
        AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Hi Pan, it was my morning at my sons kindy so I didn't get a chance to log on before I left this morning...I swear the teachers there are on happy pills!! It's another lovely day here so it was fun hanging out with all the kids. I agree Esk - I loooove Autumn also.
          I'm sooo happy that you're at Day 5 mate...go you!!

Kapo - I sent you a PM...didya geddit??

I'm cleaning house this arvo for the arrival of Grandma Cakes tomorrow but I'll be checking in.

xo

Comment

That's okay Angel, I'm just so used to turning the computer on and seeing you have started that it was a shock not to see it. Had to look and look and look.

Cleaning! Yep, that is supposed to be my task for today. But maybe not today. It's too nice outside. I've done the doggie washing, so maybe today I'll just chop up the fallen palm fronds and mow the lawn. After all the rain, it's rather high.

And then go to the beach.
            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
            AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Ah the Beach...you're in Brissy right?? My frinds live in Scarborough north of Brisbane - it's sooo beautiful there.
              TBH the beaches over here are not so great...they have dark sand & are really rough...although I did find a nice one last month, but it's a 2hr drive away!!!

Comment

No, not in Brissy. WAY further north in paradise. Clean sand, clear, blue water. Actually it will be back to that soon. The cyclone made a bit of mess that's taking a while to clear away. At least it's not oil.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

A 2 hour drive? That's not far is it? Not here anyway. I go that far to shop sometimes or just for a drive to explore.
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Morning all, just a very quick check-in. Will pop back later - but you all sound great!

B
                    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

panicked;573937 wrote: A 2 hour drive? That's not far is it? Not here anyway. I go that far to shop sometimes or just for a drive to explore.
                      Ha, I know...coming from Aus we're used to driving for hours. But you'd be surprised as to how quickly you adapt...Are you in FNQ??

Comment

Right, slow cooker is on (roast chicken for tea - YUM!) Exercise done. Eski's off to work.

Have a nice day everyone.

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

Sorry Angel, I keep forgetting you're an Aussie. I too have adapted to not driving, in town, "all the way up there" when I used to laugh hearing that. All the way up there being a 10 minute drive.
                          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                          AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Eskimo;573962 wrote: Right, slow cooker is on (roast chicken for tea - YUM!) Exercise done. Eski's off to work.

Have a nice day everyone.
                            Eski - how do you do the chook in the slow cooker without it going soggy?? Do you just stick the chook in the cooker on it's own??
                            I know - you're prob. at work now but I'd love to know later.

Comment

panicked;573966 wrote: Sorry Angel, I keep forgetting you're an Aussie. I too have adapted to not driving, in town, "all the way up there" when I used to laugh hearing that. All the way up there being a 10 minute drive.
                              LOL!
                              I remember driving in Europe...I drove around the continent and was totally confused every time we stopped for petrol - pull out the German $ - ah you're in Switzerland now - really?? How the F*** did we get here?? :H I guess it's easier with the Euro now...

Comment

Working...
                              X