The Next Day Thread Tuesday 17 March 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Angel, Eski, Pan, Kapo and all to come.

All this talk about driving is making me jealous! Singers is so small I'd have to do a couple of laps around to get two hours driving in. I love going to OZ or UK and getting the cruise control set Lol! Day has started here with heavy rain, but might be clearing up now.

Eski- I'm also curious about the Chicken/slow cooker thing. I don't have a slow cooker, but I just LOVE kitchen equipment - any excuse to add to my overflowing cupboards.

I need to get out and buy some food today - my fun weekend has left us seriously depleted.

My college course is proving to be a bit frustrating, first time they've run it and lots of problems with access to info etc. It's hard being patronised by a tutor when your 41!!

Am going to hop in the shower as I was in my jammies until 6pm yesterday....

Bxx
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

I am at work Pan but I'm bored bored bored!:rolleyesmonkey:

The slow cooker trick is to brown the chicken in a fry pan with some olive oil beofre you thorw it in the cooker and sit it on some chopped up onions so it's not laying around in it's own juices for six hours. It will never come out of the slow cooker all crispy, the way it does from the oven, but when I'm picking up the kids at 5.30 and heading home and thinking about dinner - I don't mind if the skin isn't crunchy if it means it's already cooked! Oh and I stuff it with onion and garlic cloves too. Awsome flavour hit.

Hey betty what are you studying? It's not easy going back is it? I'm studying too... or trying to when I can find time.. HA!

I MISS THE BEACH!:upset:

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

I used to looove my slow cooker when I was working full time...was so good knowing it was all ready when I got home.

Comment

Hi all - afternoon check-in from me. The leaves on my Chinese Pistachio trees are turning a beautiful shade of red so autumn is well on the way. Even cleaned out the pot-belly stove today because I think a small fire in the evenings will happen soon. Beautiful time of year. Crisp(ish), misty mornings; warm, sunny days; cool, quiet evenings. Doesn't get much better than that.

Comment

Amen to that Angel!

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Comment

Amen to that too Tawny. GOD I just LOVE autumn!

Comment

Give me those endless, endless, endless days of Summer.... Is that how the song goes?

Betts, I recently bought a Foodsaver. Fabulous bit of gear. Keeps food fresher longer. I now have stuff after a week that I would have previously had to throw out. I also have one of those benchtop convection ovens. It was a wedding present that I've never used because I don't know how. They're supposed to be really good and quick.

Nice to see you Tawns. I must admit, I do love the colour of the trees in Autumn. Just beautiful.

Eskimo, what sort of job do you have that you can log on here? Geez, when I was working I didn't have time to do anything else.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

My husband and I run our own business and he's not in today so I'm the boss! Yeeehaaaa!

Comment

Hi everyone

Just back from the PUB and sober. I had a can of coke. It is St Patricks day and with us being Irish my husband always has to have a pint of guinness. It rained today, so the pub was pretty miserable with everyone squashed inside. I couldn't wait to leave. Still not feeling 100% since drinking on Sunday. I went to the gym today but only did half my normal program.

I love autumn too, our suburb puts on an amazing show of red leaves. I have some ivy in my garden, have no idea what type, but it goes bright red for weeks. I love my sunny days without the heat.

Comment

Hi All
                      Having difficulty keeping up with all the new posts! It's funny how on days like St Patrick's and Melbourne Cup day when I drive into town about 5pm everyone is spilling out the pubs looking very messy. Not pretty at all, especially the women on Cup day!

No autumnal colours in my garden, but I am elated that my coriander is still growing. Woo Hoo!! And my last pomegranate on the tree is ripening, so I might get to taste one this year (picked the others too early as the dogs were trying to get them!)

Comment

Hi Ezz, good to hear you sounding better.
                        Blondie - I know, I hate those days...it's all my alkie brain needs to get smashed...seeing everyone else trollied and thinking 'everyone else is, why not me?' But not this year - AF Paddys day for me.

Comment

Happy St Patricks Day everyone!!

Several Irish pubs around where I work, so lots of less-than-sober people around today! We have a big event on (ie; have done the event organising) for the next two days so I hardly even noticed it in the adrenaline stuff that comes with making sure that every last detail is right!! We had some last minute hitches ..... but I've come to expect those so we had built in time to deal with them. Nevertheless I will be very happy when tomorrow and then Thursday is over! (and even more happy when we get paid for it!)

I love chicken in the slow cooker and I like it really soggy (aka tender!) We sometimes do it like that on the weekend, cool it down and have it in nice fresh and cripsy sour dough baguettes from Pandoro with lots of salad vegies ... and lots of leftovers for scavengers!

and Pan ... I think it is those ".... lazy, crazy, hazy ...." days of summer ..... Next lines I think are " .....those days of soda and pretzels and beer ....." (obviously north American!) Not sure ... but lets not go there anyway while everyone is doing so well!!

and very happy to be corrected on the song lyrics ... someone might want to google them?

looking forward to having more time to catch up with you all on Friday!!
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Mame, I really did know the words. I was just being silly. Have a good evening everyone. Must go.
                            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                            AF May 23 09 to July 09
                            AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Happy St Patricks Day guys,
                              and well done to everyone for staying AF on this holiday. I didn't have any problems, too busy with my head in the books studying. I agree with you all about Autumn it's a lovely time of year. I just wish I could get outside a bit more to enjoy it.

Esk great job on 5day AF, it's day 2 for me. Could you please send some of that energy you have my way, I really need to start exercising, just having alittle trouble getting motivated.

Comment

These?

Endless Summer Lyrics
                                Artist(Band):Cascada Review The Song (7) Print the Lyrics

Send "Endless Summer" Ringtones to Cell

It feels like paradise
                                The world is closing in
                                It feels so right
                                I start to fantasize
                                About what we getting in
                                'Cause now you're mine
                                This is our time

It's an endless summer
                                Boy I want you close to me
                                In an endless summer
                                We'll make love and we'll be free