Army thread 17/3/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 17/3/09

Morning all. How is everyone? Happy St Patricks Day to everyone!

I'm doing really good at the moment. I had my haircut yesterday which always makes me feel good about myself. I have had a fringe cut back in and everyone says it suits me. Going to get back on the job search today, even if it's just another part job to keep me afloat. Then this evening i'm off to my dance fitness class, really looking forward to making a tit of myself in public! LOL! No in all seriousness i'm looking forward to it and the feeling of happiness that comes with exercise. Just trying to teach Coops to wolf whistle and now he has got very excited and won't stop chirping!

Sea ... Good Luck with the interview Hun x

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

Where is everybody?

I don't have access at the hole so I missed all that stuff yesterday. I saw here that something happened but I was beat and skipped it. Oney, I see there is a thread on it but I may not go there. You know what's funny though is without reading your post I saw the wayne dyer quote and smiled to myself. Did you get to the library yesterday?

Hope everybody has a good one. I've got to open my e-mail and read the settlement draft this AM. It was busy at the hole yesterday. Estranged one was all happy. I couldn't read the draft last night. I just felt ..... something. I don't know what it was. All wrong. Terribly sad. I have to come up with a monetary figure. Placing a monetary value on your life seems so wrong. It shakes my whole belief system.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

Yeah oney. He made enough money to make one of the over due mortgage payments. It feels like he's clawing his way out of the pit he dug himself and I'm standing on the rim with a shovel full of dirt. I've got to turn this around and focus on how I've helped him in spite of what he did but am I just rationalizing? Feck. I tear things into bits and examine every feckin' one of them. I STILL don't trust my heart or my brain.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

Morning Troops, I feel frustrated today. I really felt like I was getting into a place that I needed to look closer at yesterday when we were talking about Mothers and what effects they have on their kids. I have tried and failed to get my kids to talk to me about how my drinking has effected them and they are the ones that act like it didn't happen...Could it be that I hurt them so much that they are in denial ???
          Oh well...not the day to talk about it, i guess???
          I express my concern about people hurting people and pray that they will stop and then I get attacked ??
          guess it is a perfect day for some time off for me..
          enjoy your St. Paddy's day..
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

Hi Guys...
            Wishy, you are sounding great hun. I have just done my training and exercise does give a good buzz!

Greenie, you are amazing, going through what you are with such grace and determination. You rock girlie.

Evie, many people just dont like to go back and dig over old times, maybe thats your kids way of dealing with stuff...
            I am sorry you got attacked, seems there was a lot of nastiness on the boards again....
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

How are you doing Oney?
              Are you going to the parade?

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

Hello all.
                Just come back from my parents. We sat in the sun and had a good long chat. Got everything out into the open, and to see my mum and dad arm in arm smiling and waving me goodbye was a lovely feeling. So glad ive done it.
                Sorry if you were attacked Evie. There are people with still alot of hurt and resentment here. It goes with the disease. Im sure deep down, it was not really directed at you on purpose. To me, you are wonderfull. x
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

Hi, friends!!

Just shouting out a "hello" to everyone here. I simply can't keep up with this thread. LOL

One other tidbit. Just let go whatever happened yesterday. Begone!! Poof!!

You are all here for one common reason and I am here with you.

Sending love to all,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

Hi all and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
                    Well done with the parents Cymru, sounds like it all went well
                    Good luck with the interview Sea
                    Hope everyone else is having a good day
                    Off to the parade soon, at least I don't have to be in a float now, was a stand in for a friend of mine that was sick but now she's ok, think she got scared at the last minute that I might make a better floater, or maybe floatee is better, than her!. Anyway, glad I don't have to, wouldn't want to be paddywhacked by the hedgewhacker - few snipers on the top of Supervalu and me going round on a float at the speed of the milk float from Fr. Ted, wouldn't take much of an aim to sort me out, chitty chitty bang bang indeed. Instead I am walking with my son's pre-school and surrounding myself with lots of small kids!. Ok I know I'm getting paranid now, I must be the most paranid person I know or am I....?
                    Anyway, report back later
                    xx
                    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

AFternoon ALL.

I finally got a court day through for my first hearing regarding my 'contact' order with my daughter. So 4 weeks today I'm in court for my first hearing. It's a big weight off my mind knowing that things are finally moving along. Whatever the outcome in the long run I know I'm doing all I can for myself to get well and I know in my heart I don't have to prove that to any court in the land. I just have to prove it to myself and things will be OK.

Love Hips
                      xxxx
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

Hipster,

Praying for you and the right outcome for you and your girl.

Much love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

Thanks Cindi and oney!

And THANKS for telling me that oney. I just realised the time before and thought I'm gonna be late for my meeting tonight so have had to through a microwave meal in that's smaller than me little finger nail. REALLY gonna fill me up!! AH microwave has just pinged!! I'm outta here will catch up later tonight when I'm home from meeting.

Love and Happiness
                          Hippie
                          xx
                          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

Hi guys,

Cy, that is brilliant to hear, I bet your mum and dad are so proud of you. I know I am!

Cindi, lovely to see you here! How are you doing?

Hipps, I have a feeling that all will be well for you and Jasmine, you have turned yourself around now..you can and will move forward I think...oh yeah, enjoy your dinner!

Oney, you sound like you had a nice day? And yes, it is feckin freezing here too!

I had to take mum to hospital today, she has a suspected clot on her lung. Her breathing has been very bad for a few days...
                            Can you please light candles and say prayers? Many thanks, it really does help...

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

Hiya Zennie, never mind, your wit will probably return when you can stand up again...LOL

Comment

Army thread 17/3/09

oney, has a whole stack of incontinence knickers....I'm sure she will share....

Comment

Working...
                                X