Question for ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for ladies

I've been on a quest to find an eye/face cream to help smooth those fine lines around my eyes, and the permanent crease that is taking up residence across my forehead. Do you use one that you are in love with, that really makes a difference and doesn't cost a fortune? There are so many out there and I can't believe they all work, ya know?

(and here's a funny story)
    So the other day I go up to one of those beauty counters in Macy's to look at face/eye creams -- for the fine lines, that's all, just those damn lines. So the kid behind the counter asks if I need help, and I tell him I'm looking for an eye cream, and he looks right at me and says, "Oh, for dark circles and puffy eyes?" -- OMG!!!
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Question for ladies

btw - I'm really not interested in being told that I am beautiful just the way I am, thank you very much.

Comment

Question for ladies

Hi MOW, I don't know but I'll be looking at your responses. Me I do need the dark circles under the eye creme, so I'll add my request. I'm sure you look fabulous darling :l

Comment

Question for ladies

I'm an Olay Regenerist fan. It's a great product for the money and keeps coming up a winner compared to other more expensive creams.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Question for ladies

MOW
          Don't buy fancy creams! Ask your dermatologist or even GP for Retin A. Every night I use it - actually it is Retinoid. In the morning, after I wash my face, I use Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle. After it dries, I put on my face lotion - it is Alba Sea Moss Moisturizer, SPF 15.
          I use Bare Essentials makeup, but NOT the Mineral Veil, since it has cornstarch, and I am prone to breakouts. With my finger, I gently put in on directly under my eyes, to really cancel out any dark circles.
          I think I look pretty darn good, and last time I bought alcohol, which was close to 3 weeks ago, I got CARDED.
          There is buried in here somewhere a lovely thread about Bare Essentials makeup. I love makeup and all things vanity.
          I could write forever, but I will stop myself now. :-)
          Lila

Comment

Question for ladies

Lila, I too use Bare Minerals. Maybe I should stop using the veil though since I have a rosacea issue. Is the Retinoid expensive? I also use an Alba face cream.
            Thanks SK, I was wondering about the Olay product.

Comment

Question for ladies

MOW
              Yes, I wouldn't dare use the veil...if you have a prescription for retinoid, it shouldn't cost too much for a tube. It is a generic...I can't remember how much mine is. But it is cheaper I think than buying all that fancy stuff, why not just get what is best? You only put a very thin covering on your face at night. The tubes do last a long time. Also, I believe it is the ONLY product that is proven to make wrinkles go away.
              Lila

Comment

Question for ladies

i use jojoba oil, but i have REALLY dry skin...i slather it on 2-3 times a day. i use dessert essence moisturizer on top of that for it's spf of 15.

i don't know if there is anything we can do about that damn wrinkle between the eyes, but if somebody is having success with a product short of botox....TELL US!!!!

ps i can't use retinol it makes me red and itchy and DRY...wasn't ignoring your information lila!

Comment

Question for ladies

Peacenik,
                  Retinoid!! Also, I think according to Chinese medicine that line is the wine and cheese line, something like that, and it should relax a bunch, you know, as you get healthier. I think stress ages a person terribly, so I like to daydream a lot, and really stay positive, I think optimism really keeps you young. Honestly, it is what has gotten me thru the last few years.
                  Lila

Comment

Question for ladies

i'm not stressed, i think it's too much sun! i love it and refuse to stay out of it...i have crow indian blood, so i get really dark and in my mind i rationalize it by telling myself dark skinned people don't get skin cancer (i know i know...stupid!).
                    ha!

aren't retinoid and retinol the same thing? i'm off to google!

Comment

Question for ladies

I think if a person is darker, they do need more sun, as it is not as easy to absorb Vitamin D. Do you use a really good sunscreen? Because that is the most antiaging product there is.
                      I need sun. I hate living way up north here, the winters are unbearable.
                      Lila

Comment

Question for ladies

i use an spf 15 daily moisturizer and jojoba oil and 45 spf when i'm out in it...still get dark though...my kid gets really dark and people give me the sideways glance about it, but i slather her in spf 45+ everyday in the summer...

i need the sun too, i'm on the sd/nebraska border and the winters are HARSH...wind, cold, the works!

Comment

Question for ladies

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Wrinkle Defense cream-the deep wrinkle kind-has done alot of good for my skin. I'm olive complexion and have been using it for about 5 years. It seems to work pretty well. I would like to try retinol, though. Maybe next doc visit. I'm a sucker for any new potion that might work. Draw the line at Botox, etc but up for anything else!!

Comment

Question for ladies

botox is creepy!

Comment

Question for ladies

I use clinique turnaround creme at night and like it a lot.
                              I use neutrogena daily during the day.

Lila, please, what do you mean by sunscreens being ageing? what do you use instead?
                              do you include moisturizers with suncreeen?

Comment

Working...
                              X