The Next day thread Wed 18th march

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, I harvested the first leaves from my garden last night....rocket (or is it roquet??) to make a salad....VERY satisfying.
    It's a beautiful morning here...I'm off soon to the gym & then to the airport to pick up MIL.
    I hope everyone has a great day.

xo

Good morning Angel, and all to come.
    Angel, that's great news on the rocket. You're inspiring me to grow my own. Hope all's well with Grandma Cakes is it? Sunny, and 25c here today! Have a majical day all...............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Gutiar and Angel and anyone else who drops by.

Absloutely gorgeous morning here today. Was up at 5.20am for swimming training for the rugrat! Had my first attempt at Super Circuit - thought I might die after about 5 minutes but stuck it out till the end. Talk about a boot camp - shit that was hard! But truly worth it. Coming home just before sunrise the mist had settled over the paddocks, red-orange sunrise on the horizon.... WOW! What a stunning way to start the day. I'm sure that heaven must look like that - if there is one that is!

Have a spectacular day everyone!

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

Hi there all you wonderful peeps from down under..
        Thought I would do some thread barging in..because ....well just because...LOL
        Love your thread title and the whole idea of tomorrow is a great concept, don't you think ???
        The sun will come out tomorrow..bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there will be sun...OK enough out of me...don't you think ???
        Evie Lou...go to your room...NOW !!!
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Morning all! Barge on in our Evie!!! Always lovely to see you.
          Well, autumn is defo upon us down here in the West of South....
          Have just been for a walk through town and to the beach - a tad nippy
          Hope all well x
          Angel - sorry I haven'' t been in touch re the naltrex - but I will do!
          *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Morning Angel, Guit, Esk and Kapo,

Evie lovely to have you join us It's a beautiful day here. I'm going to study for a while and then head out doors to enjoy it.
            Esk great idea about the "kick arse songs" to get you motivated for exercising, I'll give it a go.

Have a great day guys.

Comment

Hi Angel, G, Eski, Evie, Kapo and Crystal.

Kapo - how are your shiny boots doing??

Angel, I've grown rocket in Singers, does ok.

Forgot who asked yesterday but I've just started a Primary Teaching Degree, offered thru Curtin University in Perth.

Lovely day here as well, am going to walk the dogs in a mo. The Chihuahua is sitting on a cushion she knows she shouldnt be on, giving me 'the face'. I suspect the other two have sneaked in to the bottom of a bed....

Have a great day all, will pop in later. Bx
              Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

I'm just dropping in here with you guys. Is that Okay? I don't sleep very well at night, so someimes I'me up when you guys are bouncing around.
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Hey G - yes Grandma Cakes is in da house...live in babysitter - WOOHOO!! But really we love to have her. She's great with the kiddies.
                  Check out www.bestgardener.com for some info - there was also a site by a guy in Ballarat which would be helpful for you but I can't find it. Seriously I have nooo idea about gardening but the plants are getting bigger so I'm just gonna keep on peddling...I got an organic fertilizer & bug spray (the bug spray is some garlic & lemon thing) and water them every day and it's working!

Eski - Your morning sounds lovely...I've never been a morning person until I had kids (& therefore no choice!!) but now I love getting up to see the dawn.

Evie-Lou - Come out of your room & talk to us!!LOL You can sing at us if you want...

Kapo - no worries, I know you'll get there.

Hi Crystal & SB *wave* and all to come.

Comment

Hi Lilmea - good to see you! How you doing?? Not sleeping is not so good...

Comment

Hi all, everybody's sounding good.

Lilmea, welcome! By all means, join in.

Just in for lunch - bacon and egg sanger. Had a top morning splitting wood for my winter stash and now I'll go back out to chainsaw some dead and straggly limbs from old cypress pines. Just love working outdoors this time of year.

Comment

Geez TF swinging an axe, weilding a chainsaw...no more huggy things from me...promise OK?? LOL

Comment

Hi one and all.

Have spent the morning weeding my pavers. Half a bucket of weeds later and very sore fingers, I'm done. They just seem to spring up out of nowhere.

Now I have a very big problem. One of the dogs caught a bird. I think it's only a baby, although it's a large baby. I think the dog was only trying to play - very rough play - but the bird is terrified, naturally. I'm not sure what to do yet. It has hopped up on a low branch, but hasn't moved since. One wing looks like it could be damaged. At least it has stopped hyperventilating.

I'm not sure whether to just leave it there and hope it will recover enough to fly away or do something else.
                          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                          AF May 23 09 to July 09
                          AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

I think leave it in the branch, if it hasn't recovered in an hour or so you could either let nature take its course, or take it to the vets. My JR is also a bird hunter, I had to stopped feeding the dogs outside, but then the birds started coming in. Carnage.

I hope it recovers. Bxx
                            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

tawnyfrog;574755 wrote: Had a top morning splitting wood for my winter stash and now I'll go back out to chainsaw some dead and straggly limbs from old cypress pines. Just love working outdoors this time of year.
                              She is a fall loving, butch through and through. I wouldn't want to piss her off; no way! She could probably split wood and operate a chainsaw better than any man! :H

However, being a woman who is completely independent, is inspiring.

Comment

Working...
                              X