The Next day thread Wed 18th march

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem was the bird was on a really low branch. Couldn't let the dogs out. I've encouraged it up to a higher branch in another bush. It's hidden away in there. The poor thing does have a damaged wing. I hope it recovers enough. The mother isn't coming. I heard her after it was attacked, but not since.

I'm off to do some grocery shopping now. Pay day at last. I'll check it when I come back. I tried to catch it to take it to a vet, but it won't let me near it. At least it's now too high for the dogs to get it.

It's amazing actually, from the feathers I can now see in the back yard, it has done amazingly well to get away from the dogs out there, to the front yard.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Back from shopping and after checking on the bird I discovered a second one in the backyard. More damaged than the first. My neighbour and I managed to catch them. Both birds are now at the vet and are going to be checked over before being handed over to wildlife carers. The poor mother has lost her babies forever tho.
      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
      AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Oh Panicked that's sad but you've done the right thing. And these things happen in the 'wild'...
        Glad your cupboards are full..I love being stocked up on food.

Comment

Accountable for Me;574768 wrote: She is a fall loving, butch through and through. I wouldn't want to piss her off; no way! She could probably split wood and operate a chainsaw better than any man! :H

However, being a woman who is completely independent, is inspiring.
          I know who I want around if I'm ever stranded!!! Mr Cakes would be too concerned about breaking a nail...:H

Comment

Angel, cupboards are not full. Just bought the bare necessities for now as I was too worried about the bird to stay out too long. Will finish the shopping tomorrow. For now, off to the beach. Looks like it is going to rain later, so going now. Dogs haven't had a swim for two days much to their disgust. Flea treatment had to take.
            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
            AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Enjoy your walk.

Comment

I'm gonna have to check out.
                And I'm not sure if I'll be able to start the thread tmrw...no big dramas, it's just that Grandma Cakes is sleeping where the computer table usually is...so the laptop won't be set up & stuff. Also chatting to her etc...
                Funny thing...I actually called her Grandma Cakes before LOL...she just looked at me..."Like that really great cake you make" I say...she hasn't made a cake for me...ever...

Nite nite
                xo

Comment

I'll probably be up early enuf to start the thread tomorrow Angel. I replied to your Naltrexone thread by the way.
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Good evening all on the other side. Spring is in the air here in Wales and the temp is regularly reaching double figures, which is good for the u.k for this time of year!
                    Hope everyone has had a great day and a good evening. See you all in the morning!
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Evening all! Good job re- the birds Pan. Hope they make it. City slicker here, so my sunrise is kinda spoilt by various building structures, and the background hum of early peak hour traffic, as distant as it is. However, there are a few hot air balloons floating around at sun- up, and it's funny watching them manouvre, hoping to christ they land safely in a park.
                      Angel, i got that organic gardening tip's website in Ballarat from you a week or so ago, and it's cool, so thanks heaps. Have a great evening all!...........G Man..................

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Pan - well done on catching the birds and delivering to the vet - lots of good Kharma for that I think!

Bxx
                        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                        X