Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

My brother just called. He's in a psych ward. Suicide thoughts again. He had a breakdown. He's been in since Thursday. I'm going to go see him tomorrow. He had to hang up he was getting so upset talking about it. I'm not even sure if he made another attempt.

I need such strength and don't know where to get it this time. The tears just won't end. Thank God he's alive. He's so depressed and sad. I just don't know if I can go through this again. Oh God.

I love him so damn much. My poor baby brother.

Be
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Help

Be, things will be OK. They will do their best to sort through what he is feeling emotionally right now.

Hugs to you. I know this has to be tough. He is lucky to have a sister like you. xoxo

Comment

Help

I'm so sorry, I hope he will get the help he needs in the hospital. Stay strong and cry those healing tears. Big hugs ....
      Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
      Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
      10 days - Sept 13, 2012
      2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
      Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
      AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
      Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Help

I wish I could be there for you, Be! Here are my hugs from afar ((((((B))))))). You are a stong person; I have seen it. Your brother is lucky to have you as a sis. I hope he comes out of his darkness soon. Love, Krigs
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Help

Dearest Be, I am here for you anytime...stay strong and hopefully you can find a way to help him. I know how painful it is to see someone you love so much in pain..
          PM me if I can help in anyway...
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Help

Becoming....I am also here in prayer. You take care!

Comment

Help

Be I know exactly what you are going through right now. The very best thing you can do for your brother is to take really good care of yourself. You are the calm strength he is reaching for. We are here behind you. If you start to waver just reach back behind you, and know we are here. xo Beth
              vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Help

Dearest Bee

I can only imagine the pain you (and your brother) must be in now.

Somehow people are amazing and "find" strength from heaven knows where when they need it. You will find it, I know you will. You will handle it. You will, because you have to.

It's like the physical strength people find in a crisis (like lifting the weight of a car off of a human being), it would not normally be possible, but in the event somehow it is. This will apply for you honey.

As everyone has said and will say, we are sending you love and blessings and will be here in any way that we are able to be. So pleased you posted and gave us the chance to offer a few words. Words, that if they offer you but a moments relief then they are valuable.

Lots of love and support coming at you (via brainwaves) or post boards, whichever is the quickest. We are all there with you in our ways.

Much love Moo
                "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Help

Becoming ~ I am so sorry for your heartache. Here is a BIG hug for you. Wishing both of you strength.

Comment

Help

oh, i'm so sorry...i know how it feels to want to make things better for the younger siblings...it's almost like your child.

hang in there and reach out for help...you know we are here!

peace

Comment

Help

Be,
                      I am so sorry to hear of this. I am glad that he is in a safe place where he can get help. Let me know if I can be of any help to you. My prayers are with you and yours.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Help

I am so sorry, sending you strength and hugs.:l
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Help

Thanks so much. I just got back from telling Mom. I have some good books for him to read, we're big readers, and I have my schedule changed tomorrow so I should be able to spend most of the day/evening with him. I hope to be able to talk with his psychiatrist. They've been putting him on a lot of meds, some I've never heard of, and I'd like to be able to talk about that. I still have power of attorney and all that stuff so I hope to get some answers. I have to remember to bring all that paperwork with me. Some photos.

The poor guy. Since his last attempt just over 4 years ago he's done nothing but follow the NA program, help others, do what he's been told, get a good job, pay his debts. Nothing but good. Helping thousands of others. He volunteers in prisons to help addicts. He just doesn't deserve this. He deserves so much more. I hate this blackness. I hate this shit.

I just knew if I asked for help you guys would be there. Thanks so much. You all mean the world to me. I'm so afraid of nightmares tonight. I can't stand the thought of them, of our childhood, yuck. We were both raped and stuff. YUCK! I hope the melatonin cuts it. I don't have anything stronger and I want to wake up with a clear head.

I'm babbling. At least Mom was ok about it. It could have been a lot worse. Ok, thanks again.

Love,
                          Be
                          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Help

I can't even imagine....I'll add you all to my ever growing prayer list. :l
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Help

Dear Be
                              I know how hard it is as I have a son who has attempted suicide on more than one occasion and has ended up in a psych ward. You have been though this or similar before, how did you cope then? Is there anything from past experiences that have helped? I found with my son being honest about how I felt about what he did helped both of us. He realised the impact his actions had on other people and I found it helped me to cope with a situation I had no control over. Take one day at a time and try not to worry about the What If's. We know that most of those things we worry about don't happen. Look after yourself and take a little time out just for you each day. Even if that means a soak in the bath or time out doing something you Want to do. Wish I could be there for you. Keep us posted. God Bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X