The next day thread Thurs 19 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, doing all the festerin last night & today.
    Gotta change my attitude. I have repetitive self punishment disorder! LOL
    Hope treadmill helps. Hoping I can walk with music and none of the jolting that happens out in the real world.. still staying away from PK's.
    How are you going anyways? From what I see you've been going great!!
    Congrats!!

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I'm a bit late checking in today. Crazy morning! Sorry to hear you aren't doing so well fickle. But hey I loved your description of the "reptative self punishment disorder" LOL! I had a bit of a slip last night too though only a little one. No hangover, lucky me. I hope you feel better soon. It's a bit unfair missing out on three Easter's in a row! Can you challenge the ruling? It's probably too late for that with easter just round the corner. And i think Zen's idea of getting away is a good idea too. Take yourself to a day spa or something - make yourself feel special and remnd yourself that you ARE special. Might help.

Hey Betty you sound like me! I have an aberciser, ball & videos, Bean & videos, gym memebership and wii fit! None of which I was using! I just decided that is I was ever going to do it I had to get up and actually DO IT! And now that I have started I can't believe how easy it is! I joined weight watchers on-line it's working wonders for me! No shakes or anything - all real food - just better choices is all.

Been blabbing for ages. Hope you're all having a good day.

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

Hey Eskimo - I forgot about the wii fit lol! The thought of weightwatchers makes me feel quite ill, but maybe its the challenge I need??

You sound good?
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Ha!
          I know what you mean... how do you think I came up with the name Fickle?
          Here.. this is for you Zen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBvaHZIrt0o&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - Royksopp - Remind Me

Comment

Hey Eski!
            Great Idea.. I should join WW online and also AA methinks!!

Comment

Sorry.. am doing housework etc.. so cheery songs needed.. here's my fave for today:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmcPeuf5aXo[/video]]YouTube - Röyksopp 'Happy Up Here'

Comment

Oh NO! The thought off AA makes me want to run for the hills. All that stuff about God being your saviour is not for me! (No offence anyone!) If anyone is going to save my sorry ass it's going to be me! With lots of help from wonderful people like you guys.:h

I do know what you mean Betty. But no-one has to know you're doing it if you don't want them to. It's all about being accountable for decisions I guess (kind of like the drink tracker here - expcept it's a food tracker and it's private) and learning about what's good for you. I had a KFC twister the other day thinking it would be an okay choice... after all lettuce tomatoe and chicken in a wrap.... how bad can it be? Half my daily calorie allowance in one sitting! OUCH! Won't do that again. I'm off to Subway for lunch today! Turkey sandwhich here I come... I'm starving!

And I am feeling good thanks. It's my daughters birthday today.... she's eight! I sent her on a treasure hunt with clues to find her new bike. We had so much fun this morning and I let her pick anything she wanted for dinner.... she picked french toast with the works, maple syrup and everything! Good lord! I better book in to the gym for a whole day tomorrow.:argh:

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Comment

Couldn't agree more about AA Eski.. it's just some friends here on the boards do well with it and I thought it might be a way of kinda sneaking in the back door.. not actually attending public meetings LMAO I realise now I'm full of it!!

Comment

LOL I did the AA on-line thing for a while... same theory - I can do this without standing up in a room full of strangers declaring I'm an alcoholic... we must be both be full of the same stuff huh?:H

Comment

Oh thanks Eski.. you truly make me feel so much better!
                      I've been stuffing about.. I have to get on with it again.
                      Am glad you are doing so well!!

Comment

Nitey nite Zen,
                        Good luck with the man thing.. I'm not brave enough to go there for a long while..
                        Sound's like you're going great.
                        Lots Love & sleep tight,
                        Ficks

Comment

I did weight watchers about 9 years ago. Went to 4 meetings and then just did it myself. Only stayed long enough to get the Points Calculator.

It really worked. I lost 12 kilos in 10 weeks. I still follow the plan now when I want to lose a couple of kilos. Seriously, I have to force myself to eat enough points.

Betts, it's really easy to follow and you don't need to deprive yourself of anything. Just eat smaller portions.

Eskimo, one thing I never found out was how many points you are supposed to consume on Maintenance. When you get that far to find out can you please let me know. Which plan are you following?
                          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                          AF May 23 09 to July 09
                          AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Night Zen. Sleep Well.

I'm gald I could help Fickle, even just a bit. I've found lots of good advice in here and have only been posting a bit over a week. Still have crap days too. Had a shocker last week! I think we have to count them as learning experiences and move on. And I know it's not helpful to justify it, but if I were in your position I'd probaby have done the same thing last night!

Maybe you need some stress coping strategies for the future? Maybe instead of drinking you could visualsie your ex getting eaten by tigers or something! Okay okay... may be a bit drastic but you get the idea. And it's probably best not to be by yourself on days like that either. Take the kids to the movies or something.... distraction distraction distraction! I've found playing the wii with the kids helpful for that... you can't do that with a wine in your hand now can you? Little buggers beat me all the time! Except at golf! You'll get there, I know you will.

Comment

Hi Pan

I'm just doing my own thing. Eating whatever I feel like so long as I stay under 21 points a day I'm fine. But I'm also exercising like a crazy lady! So at the moment I'm only using about half my points as I'm earning them all back. I don't know about maintainence I'll look it up for you and see what I can find. I'm not doing meetings either - just the same as AA above, I have no desire to stand up in a room full of stranger and declare outloud that I'm too fat - pass! Funny story; when we first got the wii and I registered on the wii fit my 5 year old declared to all in ear shot "Wow! You're really fat!" Talk about a motivator! Nothing like a 5 year old calling you fat! Only a few kilos to go to get back to ideal BMI and giving up drinking certainly helps!

And I know what you mean about forcing yourself to eat... it's the whole metabloism thing - you have to eat more to kick it up a gear - just more of the right stuff I guess. But enough about that..... too much talk about fat! I'm boring myself silly! And probably everyone else too.

Comment

21 points? I'm only allowed 18.
                                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Working...
                                X