Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 19th March

Oh they are o2m....
    It's good to give them back at the end of the day though.

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

I love the sunshine too, in fact I am very soon going to shift my lardy arse out into it and do my training
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

Hi to everyone,
        I love the fog at night, noticed it putting out the bins last night, reminds me of the moors and Heathcliff, not that I've ever been to the moors and knowing my luck it'd be more like the Ripper I'd meet - not you Ripple, Jack the Ripper, although he was from a different part of the UK wasn't he?
        Feeling very giddy today and had serious cravings this morning which is really weird as I don't normally suffer until evening time so not sure whats going on there. Going to go out for a walk now to get my mind off. Have done no prep for the marathon either - do you know who's up for it now?, are we still on for staying at that farm? - I'd better check that all is ok with the booking as I've heard nothing. At some stage we'll have to apply to do the mini-marathon but not sure when.
        Off out now to clear the cobwebs from my head
        xx
        There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

Lovely and sunny here today yet I'm stuck in the midst of chaos!!! Having a good (and I mean GOOD!) tidy up in my room. Fag ash, bakkie, dust EVERYWHERE!!!lol Even found a couple of empty cans and half bottles of vodka under me bed before. Came clean though and me ma's glad I did. She is seeing a real change in me these days with my outlook on life etc. I know i got a long way to go before I get my own place but I can't afford to rush things this time. Been feeling a bit melancholic today too after a phone call last night brought back lots of fond memories. Trying my best to keep things in the day and keeping busy is helping with that. The 'what might of been's' are not gonna get the better of me no more. Can't afford to dwell on the past like I used to.

Starts I'm deffo looking into this further later on today concerning the marathon. I need to plan well ahead though with the finances. Keep saying i'm gonna do it, or I put obstacles in the way and never end up doing it. I think actually getting off me arse and actually doing it is a big step in the right direction for me. All back to this 'talking the talk' attitude I've had for so long. So let me know the dates again so I can start making plans. If I can travel without a passport then I wanna book flights asap. I know I'll be committed once I do that. I know I've got a lot on with SHARP coming up soon but ONE week-end is not gonna kill me!!!lol

Good to see you pops again. Enjoying the simple things in life these days is what it's all about for me too.

Love and Happiness ALL
          Hips
          xx

p.s. sorry starts forget to say thanks for the add on F/B!!
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

Morning bandit. Yup keeping busy is a good way to keep your mind away from cravings or even thoughts of drinking. What's the farm by the way? I'm looking more seriously at getting over myself so any plans already in place etc I would love to hear about.

Oney I'll pm you too later hon with an update. (if you get me drift!).

Love Hips
            xxxx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

Hi Hippie,
              It would be brill if you could come. I know what you mean about it though - I always put obstacles in place and for me to even say I'm coming is a huge step for me.
              Anyway the mini marathon is on the bank holiday monday in June - I think it's June 1st and we have a place booked for a week from Saturday May 30th to the following Saturday - a house that sleeps up to 11 people or something so we have the use of it for the week or less if we want. Last count there was 9 coming I think but I haven't been around myself for a few weeks (bad suss and bad few weeks for me) so not sure now what the story is.
              xx
              There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

Good Morning Army

MY PRINCESS IS COMING HOME TODAY!!!! Unfortunately, I have to drive to Boston to pick her up, but a friend from AA is coming with me for the ride. How are you all this morning? So nice to see you Hipps.
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

Hi Hips - just cross posted I think!
                  The place is called Harap Farm - it's a big farm near Swords, County Dublin which is near enough to the city centre, has a few self catering houses on it that you can rent, only place we could find that was big enough for us all and way cheaper than hotels and stuff. You can google it and have a look. Going for a walk now to stop my itchy fingers from doing the walking for me
                  xx

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

Cross posted with me.lol. Hi Bandi

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

Hi Sea, great news on the Princess - you must be looking forward to it but remember the basement! Any news on that job?
                      xx

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

Yes, I will remember. That is one of the reasons I am taking my friend from AA. Emylee will light up a joint in the car. She doesn't care. No word on the job yet. Still praying, but as my sponsor says, "If it's meant to be, it's meant to be."

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

No truer words were said Sea. Good luck on both fronts
                          Going for my walk now before it gets too late as have to start collecting kiddies soon and then it's chaos till bedtime!
                          xx

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

Have a Great Day Bandi

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

startingover;575665 wrote: I have just swallowed down the most revolting green sludge made up of chlorella and OJ...honestly its disgusting...
                              Are you still popping your supps Oney?
                              Startsy, I just took my morning liquid choraphyll....really quit lovely...reminds me of peppermint Snapps ...OMG...maybe that's not a good thing ???
                              Was trying to catch up on the thread but the demanding guests have been yelling and the phone has been ringing and Will can hardly walk...LORD what a way to start the day..
                              I have 5 readings in a row starting in 2 hrs......I need to talk to you guys but it will have to wait...Hope your off to a calmer day then I am...Calm and peaceful...relaxed and at ease....yeah...RIGHT !!!
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Army Thread 19th March

Wow, Evie
                                Just reading that took my breath away. Bless you.
                                Ok, I don't know where all you soldiers are hiding, but you are forcing me to get off my lazy arse and finish the housework. Ugh...

Comment

Working...
                                X