Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feal from grace.....after about 6 months..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes my friends.....after 6 months I fell from grace......This demon alcohol.....it cries out for you, if your no deligent, it will get you....! I'm starting anew ! I will never give up !! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

You didn't fall from grace, you slipped. Think of it as six months with a speed bump. :l

Comment

I agree with Hart....just a bump. You seem to have great determinaton and I really admire that!

Comment

Never Give Up!

Thinking of you, IAD.

Be Attached files [img]/converted_files/848873=4850-attachment.jpg[/img]
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

IAD.....I had a rough patch myself this past weekend, so lets start over together my friend! I am NOT letting this get me down. Dust off and start over. One thing I can tell you is one day in the bottle is taking a freaking week to recover from. So, get back on your horse and lets RIDE!!!!!!
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

To' Believe me I know people in my meetings who have had years of clean and sober time under their belt and fallen by the wayside. One woman particularly was 20 years clean and sober and just like that she picked up a drink one day for no apparent or immediate reason. One lead to another and then onto hard substances and within 3 weeks she was back in the grips of active addiction. It can happen to ANYONE if we're not continually growing I think. For me personally this is how I look at my own recovery these days. I have to feel like I'm making progress because when I don't that's when my head gets the better of me and I'll guarantee I'll pick up too. I've been feeling a bit in limbo myself recently but I'm aware of it today. I know when I'm feeling this way I need to up my game a bit. I've heard many people share in meetings how they will never be truly free of addiction till they meet their maker. But they continue to grow and learn from their shortcomings in the meantime.

Just a small set-back my friend, I'm sure you'll learn from this and move on. TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!

Love and Happiness
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Me too - feel so crap but....like someone else said - never give up giving up.
              AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
              One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

IAD,

I am sorry.

Dust off and keep on going down the right path.

Use the experience to learn from.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi IAD

Like the others said all that counts is that You Never Give Up!,

Although I know nothing about you or your history, I do know that YOU are one of the beacons in MWO that has helped me realize so much about me. And for that I am Sincerely Grateful!

God bless you for being You . . .
                  :l

Comment

Pol....thanks, as you are, I am human.......LOL IAD !
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD, We are all human. I agree with Hippie. It's a set-back. Learn from it and move on.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Don't discredit your 6 months over one evening. You have done remarkably well!

Comment

Iad,

Get back on track, buddy. Just one day, out of nearly 6 mos. I call that success...
                          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

hey buddy we all have been there and done that
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

and PS YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER IN MY EYES ..
                              HERES TO 6 MONTHS AND 1 DAY TO YOU ...WE LEARN FROM OUR MISSTAKES IN LIFE
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                              X