Army Thread 21st March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 21st March

Good morning campers, and welcome to the first day of spring!!! Yay!!!
    I love spring, its like a new start. All the daffodils are up in the village and the place looks a riot of colour again after the drab of winter...love it....

I hope the vomit house is on the mend Oney and you managed to get some sleep?
    Zennie, WELL DONE on getting past day 7!!! Huge achievement, very proud of you!
    Evie, I hope you are feeling better today too....family illness is so draining isnt it...
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 21st March

Morning all.
    Lovely start to the day and a big shout out to the special guest spring. Lay me down some rays and then hand it over to the main man mc summer!
    Busy day today. Going to my parents to help them with some garden work and then the rugby. I can feel the excitment building up already!!
    Have a great day everyone.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

Good morning ?.. hope everyone has a good day. We are just approaching Autumn here, it?s sunny and cool. Loverly! Still, my body clock is still on European time and I?m itching to start a spring clean!

O2m ? hope everyone is feeling better today.

I kittied up what I would have spent on our old friend AL last month and decided to take the girls for a treat. We?re going to see HSM stage show this afternoon (that?s High School Musical to parents of non-littlies). They are soooooo excited!! Very sweet! When I need another motivating factor, I just remember their faces when I told them last week!

Take care
      xxx
      The mind is in its own place, and in itself
      Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

Hi there Jinj. My 8 year old will be so jealous! She loves HSM, Hannah Montanna, Camp Rock etc. Im sure you will have great fun!!
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

Ditto that Cym! My youngest turns 6 next month - agreed to do a Disco party. Will hire some lights and a smoke machine........with me being DJ Mama! Ha ha! Shouldn't be too difficult, I only need 3 CDs after all! Eldest is 8 and started to like Nelly Futardo (sp?) as well as the other stuff. I never thought I would be a mum into sensorship, but I had to put the brakes on that one........seriously not up to explaining to her what promiscuous is. The kids here are so much more naive than in the UK.

Take care
          xxx
          The mind is in its own place, and in itself
          Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

Morning ALL and it's great to hear from you jinja.

I'm taking Jasmine up to the cemetery with me today as 6 years ago to this day we buried my dad's ashes. I'm looking forward to spending the day with her and recalling some memories to share with her as she never got to meet him.

Will be going to a meeting tonight to share my day with friends and so will be back online late tonight to catch up with everyone's day.

BE GOOD!

Love and Happiness
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

Good Day Army

I hope all is better at your house Oney. It is so nice to hear of all of your plans with you little ones today. My little one, who is 20, will probably not be out of bed before noon. I went to an AA meeting last night, then out to dinner with my friend from AA. It was awesome. She had certificates toward the dinner and we both had lovely meals for $1.06. I was shocked when I saw the bill. We then went to my Ex's and picked up my dog. I am going to meet my Sister and we are going to walk on the beach with my dog. My dog has never been to the beach before, so it ought to be interesting. Hope you all have a great day.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

startingover;577089 wrote: Good morning campers, and welcome to the first day of spring!!! Yay!!!
                I love spring, its like a new start. All the daffodils are up in the village and the place looks a riot of colour again after the drab of winter...love it....

I hope the vomit house is on the mend Oney and you managed to get some sleep?
                Zennie, WELL DONE on getting past day 7!!! Huge achievement, very proud of you!
                Evie, I hope you are feeling better today too....family illness is so draining isnt it...
                Thanks my Friend, you were on my mind first thing when i woke up this morning. My day is insanely busy but Will and I are planning on how to make our lives less stressful in the future so i feel hopeful...
                I called the hospital and Bro is still stable in the ICU...and my son will be there tonight...so not much has changed there.....YET !!!
                Have a great Sat. Army FOLK.
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

Hi Everyone,
                  It looks like a slow Saturday in the Army.....
                  Oney, I'm glad your family is getting all of that vomitting out of their system and you were able to get a little lie in. I hope you will be showed with gifts tomorrow (Mother's Day).
                  Sea, Glad the Princess is home, safe and sound
                  Hipps, You are sounding excellent lately....clear headed and wise!
                  Jinja, The party sounds like fun....the kids will love it
                  Cy, You have started a whole new relationship with your parents, haven't you? I'm sure they are happy as clams to have their Cy back...
                  Starty, Do you have training on your schedule today? Oh, also, how is your Mom?
                  I don't have much planned today but I will walk about 3-4 miles. I have my 5K in less than a month so I need to build up my walking speed a bit. I am excited about doing it even if I just walk. I want to walk rather fast.... Love to All, Krigs
                  "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

Evie, I was thinking to ask you about your brother but skipped you....will you forgive me? Do you think you are getting honest reports about your bro?
                    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

So glad the puking has abated and that you had a lie in..you must have been exhausted...
                      Kriggy you are doing great with all your walking! You will be fine doing the 5k. Thats 3.2 miles isnt it?
                      I have done my training today, walking plus running 2 lots of 10 mins I am dead chuffed as well as dead beat!
                      Evie, you will get through this and stronger than when you started too. At least you know what you have to do for yourself and Will.

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

Oney, What usually happens on Mothers Day? Dinner out? Lie in?

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

Starty, At the rate you are going you will be running your entire mini-marathon! Yes, mine is 3.2 miles...is yours double that? I'm going to try the treadmill today to get some jogging in on that, if I don't fall flat on my ass.

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

Thats what I want Kriggy, I ran a 10k race once before, yes it was slowly, but I was so proud that I actually did it!!! That was quite a few years ago now..maybe 10, so to do it again, would be a wonderful achievement for me.
                            You wont fall, start by jogging for 30 seconds, walking for 1 minute and see how you go, build up from there

Comment

Army Thread 21st March

How is the NF going for you Starty? I feel like I have finally quit for good!!!! I don't have any cravings at all....it's weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X