Being strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being strong

How strong can we be? It's sat evening. Im sitting in my place just by myself. Knowing i will not drink cos i cannot. Except you maybe here on this forum people out there would have not idea how strong we have to be to do it.
    I can hear my neighbours having fun now, being drunk while me here is sitting trying to be sober. I could go to three parties tonight and i did not, cos i am afraid.
    I am afraid i would get drunk. I am afraid i would smoke.
    Damn being alone really does not help.

Thanks for listening
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Being strong

Hiya Net. Yep. saturday nights are hard when you're trying to not drink, and everyone else is. Try to keep your vision of why you don't want to drink in the front of your mind. Get busy doing something, anything. Go for a walk, read, watch a movie. Distract yourself, and try not to think about it. Do something else until you get to sleep. then tomorrow is another day. It's hard, but you know what to do, you've done this before. Look at the 'toolbox' thread again, in monthly abstinence forum. Remember why you are doing this............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Being strong

Stay close, net. You can do this! Guitarista gave some good advice about distractions. They really do help.
      ~K.

Comment

Being strong

Guitarista,
        thanks mate. I will be strong i just want to be part of fun sometimes as well. I hope once i understand that i can have fun without being completely intoxicated. Its a long road for me.

Comment

Being strong

I know it takes awhile to learn to live sober...but drinking isn't fun for us alkies...it's a death sentence.
          Tell me what other things you liked to do before AL took over ???
          Be creative...wriye a peom..

I'll start ......There once was a person named Netty.....
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Being strong

who celebrated life with confetti

we cut up the mess
            prayed for the best
            and never ???????

Comment

Being strong

Evie,
              I like to read. I read a lot. I would love to be a writer. I actually wrote 3 books already. It still sits here with me , and i do believe they are good HA!
              I like music, music was with me all my life.
              I like my work!!!(which is computer networks) I really do, thank God i do what i love, except i like writing more i suppose.
              I like talking to you, and i am so happy i have you here.

I like being who i am, and being drunk its not who i am!!!!

Thanks Evie

Comment

Being strong

I like you too ...I REALLY DO !!!!

Being drunk is NOT who you are...learn to live sober and share the wonderful person that you are with the whole world.
                Go read my post about creating the life you want. Jude dug it out yesterday...I needed to reread it then cause i am going thru a hard time right now...

Comment

Being strong

Evie, i am changing my avatar

Comment

Being strong

You look very much like my son...he will be 36 on march 23rd...He is tall dark and handsome ...woman chace after him like mad...that's been his down fall. do you have a girl friend ??

Comment

Being strong

What kind of books did you write??? you have a look of great imagination about you...do you like children fantasy books ...like Dr. Seuss ??

Comment

Being strong

Evie, i am a little bit younger than your son. I am pretty much alone. I pretty much messed up all my relationships and to be honest it was not my fault all my time. I need to find peace within myself i suppose.

Comment

Being strong

Evie sorry to disappoint you, but i write about s-f, fantasy

Comment

Being strong

Well change your thoughts and change your world...ome out of the darkness and into the light...it feels better over here !!! there is joy and lots more FUN...real fun !!!

Both Janis Joplin and mother Teressa live within me and I try to give them equal time......LMAO !!!

Comment

Being strong

Gotta open shop now and do some readings ...i will check back in between..be a GOOD BOY or I will be forced to shape shift and do my Houdini act on you !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X